Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Commit says dir is not part of commit, but it is
Commit says dir is not part of commit, but it is [message #491784] Thu, 15 October 2009 19:46 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I'm using Eclipse 3.5.1 with the latest version of the Subversive plugin.

I have several files in several directories prepared to commit. I first had to do "svn add" on several files because they were new. I've now selected all the new and changed files, and I'm trying to commit them.

Some of the new files are in new directories. In the shell, I did "svn status -v" on some of the trees to verify that everything in that tree has an "A" on the output line, indicating it's in "Added" state.

When I do the commit, I see all of the new directories, up to the directory containing the new file, all listed and checked in the commit dialog.

When I confirm it, it fails with a message like this (somewhat elided):

"Some of selected resources were not committed.
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: '...\services' is not under version control
and is not part of the commit,
yet its child is part of the commit"

I verified that the "services" directory is in "A"dded state, and is listed in the Commit dialog and is checked for commit.

What could I be doing wrong?
Re: Commit says dir is not part of commit, but it is [message #491803 is a reply to message #491784] Thu, 15 October 2009 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was able to work around this by doing a "svn commit" on the command line that specified the element and all of the added parent directories (which were all specified in the Subversive commit dialog in Eclipse). I hope I don't run into this problem too often.
Re: Commit says dir is not part of commit, but it is [message #491805 is a reply to message #491803] Thu, 15 October 2009 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jörg Thönnes is currently offline Jörg ThönnesFriend
David, please file a Subversive bug to track this misbehaviour. In this way, the product is improved
and other people can profit from your experience.

Thanks, Jörg

On 10/16/09 00:15, David M. Karr wrote:
> I was able to work around this by doing a "svn commit" on the command
> line that specified the element and all of the added parent directories
> (which were all specified in the Subversive commit dialog in Eclipse). I
> hope I don't run into this problem too often.
Re: Commit says dir is not part of commit, but it is [message #491809 is a reply to message #491805] Thu, 15 October 2009 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acknowledged. My details will unfortunately be no more than anecdotal, as I had to get past this problem quickly, so I wasn't able to save the state of the repository.
Re: Commit says dir is not part of commit, but it is [message #492216 is a reply to message #491809] Mon, 19 October 2009 13:33 Go to previous message
Igor Burilo is currently offline Igor BuriloFriend
Hello David,

Thanks for the issue. This bug will be reviewed.

> Acknowledged. My details will unfortunately be no more than anecdotal, as
> I had to get past this problem quickly, so I wasn't able to save the state
> of the repository.
Previous Topic:How to revert a revision?
Next Topic:SVN "team" support was there yesterday ...today its gone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:39:21 GMT 2024