Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » is there a way to push without going through the "push to" wizard(push)
is there a way to push without going through the "push to" wizard [message #491651] Thu, 15 October 2009 11:52 Go to next message
Alban Browaeys is currently offline Alban BrowaeysFriend
Is there a way to push to an already defined remote repository without going through the full "push to " wizard?
As it is slow and requires a lot of clicks to achieve a common action.
Re: is there a way to push without going through the "push to" wizard [message #491716 is a reply to message #491651] Thu, 15 October 2009 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shawn O. Pearce is currently offline Shawn O. PearceFriend
Alban Browaeys wrote:
> Is there a way to push to an already defined remote repository without
> going through the full "push to " wizard?
> As it is slow and requires a lot of clicks to achieve a common action.

Not yet, no. I know that "push to" wizard is painful to use. We were
discussing changing it to a view on the egit-dev mailing list, but right
now none of the current contributors have the time to rework a UI that
at least does what it claims to do...
Re: is there a way to push without going through the "push to" wizard [message #502959 is a reply to message #491651] Thu, 10 December 2009 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leho Kraav is currently offline Leho KraavFriend
Eclipse Git Feature (Incubation) 0.6.0.200912061443 org.eclipse.egit.feature.group

i am not understanding how Push To wizard saves configured repositories. i have a saved repository on one git project and i have no idea how i managed to save it. all the rest always start with an empty push to wizard even after successfully going through it at least once.

any thoughts?
Re: is there a way to push without going through the "push to" wizard [message #503048 is a reply to message #502959] Thu, 10 December 2009 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leho Kraav is currently offline Leho KraavFriend
okay, the difference is when Importing a remote repository from Eclipse, Push To wizard will have correctly configured remote origin repo. when you set up a local repo and then try Push To, it will not save the location.
Re: is there a way to push without going through the "push to" wizard [message #509612 is a reply to message #491651] Sat, 23 January 2010 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert de Wilde is currently offline Robert de WildeFriend
I created a Eclipse project and pushed it to my GIT repo. Then I deleted the local project and did an import of my git repo. I checked to import project, which it did.

When I try to 'push to' I have to fill in each detail/field over and over again, very annoying. How do I fix this?
Re: is there a way to push without going through the "push to" wizard [message #518763 is a reply to message #491651] Thu, 04 March 2010 22:41 Go to previous message
William Cattey is currently offline William CatteyFriend
It seems like the starting point for an improved git push interface would be to see if the git repo's config file contains stuff that could be pre-filled into the form.
Previous Topic:Import Git Repository
Next Topic:is there a way to push without going through the "push to" wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:18:27 GMT 2024