Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions
How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #490165] Wed, 07 October 2009 15:47 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I'm using the "UML2 Tools SDK", which supposedly gives me the "UML 2.1 Diagrams" submenu in "New".

Is there some reasonable documentation or articles on this plugin? I like the fact that it does NOT use reverse-engineering (as opposed to, say, eUML2), as what I want to present in UML often doesn't exactly coincide with packages and the rules of Java. In order to use this plugin effectively, I need some more information on how to tweak it. In addition, there are lot of somewhat unusual components that are provided with this plugin, but I have no clue what they're used for.

For a specific question, if I want to create an association between two classes, I always get the "src" and "dst" labels, which I don't want. What controls their presence?
Re: How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #490393 is a reply to message #490165] Thu, 08 October 2009 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
This is just a "Show Hide Association Ends" new feature to be implemented.
You can't really judge a tool on that !!

[Updated on: Thu, 08 October 2009 14:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #490512 is a reply to message #490393] Thu, 08 October 2009 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not certain exactly what you're saying. Are you saying that this feature is already on the list of features to implement?
Re: How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #491800 is a reply to message #490165] Thu, 15 October 2009 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Hello David,

There are two ways to hide labels of an association:

1. One in case you want to hide 'scr' and/or 'dst' label of one particular association
  2. Another if you want to hide them for all association on your diagrams

Both solutions are pretty simple:

1. In order to hide particular label select and then delete it
  2. In case you don't want to have that 'src' and 'dst' labels at all:
    Open UML2 Diagrams>Class Diagram>Icon Style preferences page.
    Go to 'Show/Hide Connector Labels' group and expand it.
    Uncheck check-boxes for Association Source labels ('Association Source Modifiers', 'Association Source Role', 'Association Source Multiplicity') and Association Target Labels(('Association Target Modifiers', 'Association Target Role', 'Association Target Multiplicity').
    After that association lables will not be shown on your diagrams anymore.

Best wishes,
Tanya.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2009 22:02]

Re: How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #491801 is a reply to message #490165] Thu, 15 October 2009 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David,
You can find documentation on UML2 Tools on our wiki page
If some components still look unusual to you feel free to ask here. Probably I will be able to give you explanation.

Tanya.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2009 22:01]

Re: How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #624895 is a reply to message #490165] Thu, 08 October 2009 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
This is just a "Show Hide Association Ends" new feature to be implemented.
You can really judge a tool on that !!
Re: How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #624896 is a reply to message #624895] Thu, 08 October 2009 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not certain exactly what you're saying. Are you saying that this feature is already on the list of features to implement?
Re: How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #624905 is a reply to message #490165] Thu, 15 October 2009 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello David,

There are two solutions for this case:

One in case you want to hide 'scr' and/or 'dst' label of one particular association
Another if you want to hide them for all association on your diagrams

Both solutions are pretty simple:

In order to hide particular label select and then delete it
In case you don't want to have that 'src' and 'dst' labels at all:
Open UML2 Diagrams>Class Diagram>Icon Style preferences page.
Go to 'Show/Hide Connector Labels' group and expand it.
Uncheck check-boxes for Association Source labels ('Association Source Modifiers', 'Association Source Role', 'Association Source Multiplicity') and Association Target Labels(('Association Target Modifiers', 'Association Target Role', 'Association Target Multiplicity').
After that association lables will not be shown on your diagrams anymore.

Best wishes,
Tanya.
Re: How to remove "src" and "dst", and other questions [message #624906 is a reply to message #490165] Thu, 15 October 2009 21:59 Go to previous message
David,
You can find documentation on UML2 Tools on http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT-UML2Tools#Documentation
Tanya.
Previous Topic:how to initialize class diagram from UML2 Model programmactically
Next Topic:Newbie - generated class is extending interface not implementing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:07:02 GMT 2024