Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Debugging portlet with remote debug
Debugging portlet with remote debug [message #489804] Tue, 06 October 2009 03:55
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi all,
I am trying to set up a development environment to test Spring Portlet MVC for development of JSR 168 conforming portlets. I have the latest STS installed, which included Spring 2.5 and Eclipse (Catalina). This has been my environment to develop with Spring MVC, and that works fine using Apache as a local server for debugging.

I found some instructions on the Pluto portal site on using Pluto as a remote debugging host for portlets. I have implemented those instructions. I am sending Eclipse into debug mode by right clicking on one of the JSPs and going into "debug as". My problem is that when I log into Pluto, it is not sending me into debug mode. I am seeing the default Pluto page as opposed to my portlet. My portlet has not been installed onto Pluto, and the instructions do not seem to require the portlet to be installed.

To help, I have a screen shot at http://www.ceruleaninc.ca/pluto%5Fproblem.jpg, showing the following:

* Eclipse showing the remote debugging to localhost:8000
* Tomcat showing the "Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
* The Catalina.bat jpda start command
* The Pluto Portal screen after log in

Thanks much! I would welcome any advice on approaches to debugging portlets. I am not tied to pluto. There does seem to be a lack of detailed instructions on this topic.
Previous Topic:HTTP Connection w/ SPNEGO authentication?
Next Topic:Debug Configuration PATH
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:39:35 GMT 2024