Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Transforming emx files (RSM)
icon5.gif  Transforming emx files (RSM) [message #489532] Sun, 04 October 2009 15:21 Go to next message
Kalyan  is currently offline Kalyan Friend
Hi,
I am new to OAW tools. I have downloaded Galileo based xpand/xtend/check modules.
I need to transform models from RSM directly. Is it possible to read ".emx" files directly.

Thanks & Regards
Kalyan
Re: Transforming emx files (RSM) [message #491157 is a reply to message #489532] Tue, 13 October 2009 13:36 Go to previous message
Paul Elder is currently offline Paul ElderFriend
Kalyan:

I cannot give you much help with xpand/xtend/check. But, in principle they should work will with .emx files, as these are basically .uml2 files 'on steroids'.

The one difficulty is that there is no open source API available to actually opening these files and getting a UML2 Model object. Instead, you must use this Rational API:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rsawshlp/v7r5m0/top ic/com.ibm.xtools.modeler.ui.doc/com/ibm/xtools/modeler/ui/U MLModeler.html#openModelResource(java.lang.String)

I'm pretty sure xpand/xtend/check have some what for you to integrate such a call into them - I just don't know how.

Hope this helps,

Paul
Previous Topic:Re: Code generation in a Standalone Java Application
Next Topic:JET as part of Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:37:37 GMT 2024