Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMP » Project plan updated.
Project plan updated. [message #489191] Thu, 01 October 2009 18:59 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Comments welcome.
Re: Project plan updated. [message #640040 is a reply to message #489191] Thu, 18 November 2010 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey  is currently offline Andrey Friend
Hi!

I examened project about one week ago. I like it very much. But looks work is not going by plan. I understand what it is big deal and you need also time for usual work, but i'm interesting to know: is plan still actual? According to plan it should be already 0.9.5 release. .. Could you pls describe a little about project status? Is it in development? And how long will we wait new version?

Thank you very much,
Andrey
Re: Project plan updated. [message #640260 is a reply to message #489191] Fri, 19 November 2010 18:54 Go to previous message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi Audrey et. al.

Good question. Smile Here is the answer..

The project is very much alive. Unfortunately much of my project time in the last few months has been absorbed in trying to get the Eclipse build fixed. I know, hard to believe but true and it has been incredibly frustrating. I think I've finally got that going or close but I've thought that many times before. For fun take a look at:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi-amp-nightly/

Currently the number of builds stands at 844. So our greatest need right now is a build engineer who doesn't suck (i.e. not me).

As soon as we get this going we're going to be joining Indigo train. I'm feeling at this point like a major course correction as I want to establish value to larger community over just the ABM focus we've had. The project plan will be revised but in a good way -- the core AMP design has everything there -- not perfect but exists -- and it is time to determine where to put our energies.

Part of that will be based on what people are willing and able to contribute of course. So I've been in discussions with Jonas and others about where to emphasize things at this point. At the same time at Metascape we've been doing a lot of project related and experimental work that has good potential much of which will end up in AMP proper. There are some very cool ways that I think we can establish more immediate value and even reposition things a bit to make the big advantages of AMP approach more obvious.

We definitely welcome thoughts and involvement!
Previous Topic:Running models standalone
Next Topic:problems displaying charts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:58:46 GMT 2024