Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Making a method generator(To use in a class which change information often)
Making a method generator [message #489112] Thu, 01 October 2009 14:28
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Okay, beginner here who needs some pointers Smile

I have a little project where I am supposed to make life easier for a developer. He needs a way to add variables to different methods quick and easy so I started to create a little plugin in to help him.

I have just started but the idea is to create something like a generator that creates a variable and makes it accessible in all the methods he needs them. At the moment he needs to create the variable and then add it manually to all the methods.

Kind of like the way when you go right-click > source > generate [whatever], I've thought of the idead of clicking "Create variable" and then a window pops up and you type "string name" and the variable is created and put in the methods.

I have managed to create the command to appear when you right click in the editor but I'm kind of stuck when it comes to putting text in the class. Since I'm new to RCP programming I don't know where to begin. I haven't found any tutorial that does kind of the same thing.

A little push in the right direction would be very appreciated! Smile

(hope this post made any sense)
Previous Topic:Order of the plugin icon in the menu bar
Next Topic:In need of assistance with a SearchPage extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:35:39 GMT 2024