Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Order of the plugin icon in the menu bar
icon5.gif  Order of the plugin icon in the menu bar [message #489032] Thu, 01 October 2009 09:38 Go to next message
Alwin  is currently offline Alwin Friend
Hi,

I have an RCP application which is composed out of several plugins. How can I control the order of the different plugin icons in the menu bar? (Example: first the icons of plugin 3 and second the icons of plugin 1.....)

Thanks

Alwin
Re: Order of the plugin icon in the menu bar [message #489044 is a reply to message #489032] Thu, 01 October 2009 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T. Wilhelm is currently offline T. WilhelmFriend
Not sure if i understood your problem....

You can define different separators (invisible) and set the plugin icons before or after this separator. So you can define an order.

example for your Menu contribution which contains your icons

menu:my.icon.menu?before=my.separator

greetz
OhNo
Re: Order of the plugin icon in the menu bar [message #489096 is a reply to message #489044] Thu, 01 October 2009 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alwin  is currently offline Alwin Friend

The order in one plugin is not the problem.
The problem is the order of icons of different plugins in one RCP application.
Re: Order of the plugin icon in the menu bar [message #489098 is a reply to message #489096] Thu, 01 October 2009 13:49 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Right, and you control that by either placing known separators that other plugins can contribute to or by placing the contributions relative to one another (which means they have to know the appropriate IDs).

This works for org.eclipse.ui.menus. This won't work for actionSets, for example. That order is entirely determined by insertion order, which is determined by the plugin ID sort order.

PW

Previous Topic:JNLP HelloRCP example will not launch after download.
Next Topic:Making a method generator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:46:36 GMT 2024