Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working
Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working [message #488983] Thu, 01 October 2009 06:07 Go to next message
Marcus Jimmy is currently offline Marcus JimmyFriend
I am working on a project and I use Eclipse. I have used Eclipse 2.0 and 2.1. The project has a million images in the src/images directory. I have excluded this directory from the build path in the following ways:

Set the following in the exclude filter:

src/images
src/images/*
src/images/**

Set the derived property for src/images

Despite these efforts the images are still being built on a rebuild of the project. This process can take HOURS. Imagine sitting for hours on every build of a project.

How can these files be excluded from the build path? As you can tell this is making eclipse unusable. Any help is appreciated!
Re: Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working [message #489011 is a reply to message #488983] Thu, 01 October 2009 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roy Ganor is currently offline Roy GanorFriend
Hi,
couple of questions:
1. Can you see that the icon of the images folder doesn't have the "source" decorator (the brown small mark)?
2. have you excluded this folder from the Validators and the JS builders?

Roy

btw - no need to post this message in three different forums Smile and if you really wanted you could also post it at forums.zend.com/ Razz
Re: Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working [message #489179 is a reply to message #489011] Thu, 01 October 2009 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, thanks for the help. Haha, we must visit the same forums. Under normal circumstances I would not of done that, but I have already lost 1.5 straight days of work over this and many, many hours of loss productivity fighting the Eclipse platform.

I will get back at you with the requested information as soon as I get to the office.
Re: Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working [message #489238 is a reply to message #489179] Fri, 02 October 2009 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Roy, these are the answers to your questions:

1) The folders do not have the source folder icon, so these folders should definitely be excluded from the build path.

2) I do not know how to do this. I looked around eclipse to find where this is possible. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Re: Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working [message #489239 is a reply to message #488983] Fri, 02 October 2009 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found out where to exclude folders from the validators. For other people, these are the steps:

Highlight your project. Select properties. Go to validation. Select project specific settings. Then select the validator and add an exclusion group. From there you can exclude folders or files.

I will test this out on my development machine (I am on my laptop now) and report whether it fixed the problem or not!
Re: Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working [message #489247 is a reply to message #488983] Fri, 02 October 2009 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I excluded the folder for every validator and that did not work. It still tried to validate files that it should not and it still tried to build files that it did not.

The longest part in the build process is when it is "Locating source modules" It gives a count of millions and it de-increments until it hits 1. Each one being an image in the image folder that is excluded from builds and validations.

Any ideas?
Re: Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working [message #489331 is a reply to message #489247] Fri, 02 October 2009 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roy Ganor is currently offline Roy GanorFriend
Hi,
What about the JS nature?
is it enabled to your project?

can you attach:
1. your .project file
2. your .buildpath file
3. your .classpatch file
Re: Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working [message #489489 is a reply to message #488983] Sat, 03 October 2009 23:28 Go to previous message
After trying multiple builds of eclipse:

Eclipse 2.0, 2.1, 2.1 SR1, Zend Studio 6.1, Zend Studio 7.0

And various other IDEs: Netbeans and Komodo

I finally found one that runs without building unnecessarily, freezing when trying to navigate through files, freezing on autocompletion, etc. The solution to the problem was running Zend Studio 6.1. It has been rock solid. Cannot wait until the new Eclipse is as stable and bug free!
Previous Topic:PHPCore plugin internal error
Next Topic:2.2.0: CA, Hover and many other things broken in current cvs snapshot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:26:23 GMT 2024