Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » GMT (Generative Modeling Technologies) » Modeling Technologies for C++ Dlls
Modeling Technologies for C++ Dlls [message #486264] Wed, 16 September 2009 23:48
Mike W is currently offline Mike WFriend
First off, I would like to apologize as I get the feeling this is not the right place to post this but I am rather new to anything Eclipse and there are so many different projects that I am not sure where I should be posting (although I have tried to research them a bit).

Having said that I have an idea for a project and I have been trying to find enough information to figure out if it is feasible or not but I just haven't found what I'm looking for (or perhaps didn't understand it0. If someone would be so helpful as to point me at other locations to look at or tell me if my project is feasible it would be greatly appreciated.

My project idea is this:

The company I work for creates class like structures and db interaction code in dlls using C code templates and some proprietary language in include files. This same system is given to third parties for add-ons but the system is quite complex and most don't like the difficulty in using the (now mammoth sized) templates.

I would like to create a modeling system with GEMS/EMF (or whatever project is appropriate) that would enable third parties (and internal) to develop the dlls faster. The idea is that the modelling system would generate C (or preferably C++) code based on templates that would setup the basic structure for creating the dlls. Is this feasible?

I have been reading about GEMS, GEF, EMF, and Domain Specific Languages but the information seems very abstract and I don't quite understand whether it is possible to generate C++ code or how much work it would take to do this.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 September 2009 23:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:List Closure
Next Topic:[MOFScript] Problems on running a transformation using the Java API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:45:17 GMT 2024