Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Target Management » Diagnosing RSEG1066
Diagnosing RSEG1066 [message #485381] Fri, 11 September 2009 15:03 Go to next message
Howard Fore is currently offline Howard ForeFriend
Hi,

I've got two different systems that I can access with no problem from RSE
on OS X from home. However when I try to access them from work (Windows,
also behind firewall), all I get is an RSEG1066 error. However, I can
access those systems via SSH in Putty from the same Windows environment.
Is there a way to turn on some really verbose logging somewhere to give me
some indication of why RSE can't log in to the same systems that Putty can?

Howard
Re: Diagnosing RSEG1066 [message #489840 is a reply to message #485381] Tue, 06 October 2009 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey Pugach is currently offline Andrey PugachFriend
Faced the same problem, get RSEG1066 with message Failed to connect sshd on ....
timeout: socket is not established
Remote system's OS is Solaris
Putty works pretty well with this host
icon6.gif  Re: Diagnosing RSEG1066 [message #489849 is a reply to message #485381] Tue, 06 October 2009 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found the reason! The problem was in Network Connections of Eclipse. I work behind Proxy but the host I want to connect must be accessed directly. So I had to add a Proxy bypass <the host>.
If Active provider is Manual and even if it's settings are the same as Native RSE does not work. Moreover, SVN does not work too, it doesn't throw errors, but does not respond.
Native Provider cannot be edited from Eclipse, so it is impossible to add a Proxy bypass. But these settings are imported from Internet Explorer, so I just added Proxy bypass (the host I'm going to connect), restarted Eclipse, set Active Provider to Native and ... it connected to the server successfully!!!
Re: Diagnosing RSEG1066 [message #490119 is a reply to message #485381] Wed, 07 October 2009 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bravo! Works perfectly!
Re: Diagnosing RSEG1066 [message #582683 is a reply to message #485381] Tue, 06 October 2009 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Faced the same problem, get RSEG1066 with message Failed to connect sshd on ....
timeout: socket is not established
Remote system's OS is Solaris
Putty works pretty well with this host
Re: Diagnosing RSEG1066 [message #582698 is a reply to message #485381] Tue, 06 October 2009 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found the reason! The problem was in Network Connections of Eclipse. I work behind Proxy but the host I want to connect must be accessed directly. So I had to add a Proxy bypass <the host>.
If Active provider is Manual and even if it's settings are the same as Native RSE does not work. Moreover, SVN does not work too, it doesn't throw errors, but does not respond.
Native Provider cannot be edited from Eclipse, so it is impossible to add a Proxy bypass. But these settings are imported from Internet Explorer, so I just added Proxy bypass (the host I'm going to connect), restarted Eclipse, set Active Provider to Native and ... it connected to the server successfully!!!
Re: Diagnosing RSEG1066 [message #582712 is a reply to message #485381] Wed, 07 October 2009 12:42 Go to previous message
Bravo! Works perfectly!
Previous Topic:How to change background color of ssh terminal window?
Next Topic:TCF Visual Studio build problems, cause: DIA SDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:34:04 GMT 2024