Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » [SOLVED] application.xml changed on EAR import
icon9.gif  [SOLVED] application.xml changed on EAR import [message #482176] Tue, 25 August 2009 15:11 Go to next message
Daniel Green is currently offline Daniel GreenFriend
Hello Community,

When I try to import an EAR project into Eclipse, Eclipse prompts me to make application.xml writable and then proceeds to add a "web" entry to it. Is there anyway of stopping this behavior on imports?

Another issue is that the added information does not reflect what my project expects. The web-uri should not contain the version of the war and the context-root should be different from the project name.

I'm trying to standardize the development environment here at work, so while I'd hate to include settings in the repository, if it reduced setup time I'd do it.

Thank you for your time, any and all help is appreciated!

Daniel.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2009 17:07]

Report message to a moderator

icon14.gif  Re: application.xml changed on EAR import [message #482207 is a reply to message #482176] Tue, 25 August 2009 17:07 Go to previous message
Daniel Green is currently offline Daniel GreenFriend
I believe this was occurring when I imported with m2eclipse, and not WTP directly. I solved by generating m2eclipse settings first and then importing as a general project and not a maven project.
Previous Topic:Excluding local files in CVS synchronization
Next Topic:wb-module deploy-name keeps reverting!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:22:05 GMT 2024