Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Public API To Get The Web Browser Editor ID?
Public API To Get The Web Browser Editor ID? [message #478774] Thu, 06 August 2009 19:27 Go to next message
Leo is currently offline LeoFriend
Hi,

I want to open a file programmatically with an internal web browser editor, and I know the editor id is "org.eclipse.ui.browser.editor".

However, being afraid of having it changed in the future, I want to use a legit way of getting the id. I'm trying to see what public class references WEB_BROWSER_EDITOR_ID from internal class WebBrowserEditor but no luck.

I really hope there is one public API to get it, or else it's going to be a pain @_@

Regards,

Leo

--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-
Re: Public API To Get The Web Browser Editor ID? [message #480428 is a reply to message #478774] Mon, 17 August 2009 06:30 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Leo wrote:
> I want to open a file programmatically with an internal web browser editor, and I know the editor id is "org.eclipse.ui.browser.editor".
>
> However, being afraid of having it changed in the future, I want to use a legit way of getting the id. I'm trying to see what public class references WEB_BROWSER_EDITOR_ID from internal class WebBrowserEditor but no luck.
>
> I really hope there is one public API to get it, or else it's going to be a pain @_@

I believe it's now provided by the Platform, and not specifically
from WTP.

--
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:How to specify namespace in xpath view
Next Topic:Launching Win32 Console app and redirecting stdin/out