Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Swordfish » Extensible Monitoring Framework
Extensible Monitoring Framework [message #468770] Tue, 24 March 2009 13:18 Go to next message
Matthew Cooper is currently offline Matthew CooperFriend
I read that Swordfish will have an extensible monitoring framework. I'd
like to understand what events it will provide and how I can access them.
Ideally I'd like to fire Swordfish up and pull events out of it to see
what they look like.

Is there any doc or anything you can point me at? I've found what I think
are the relevant event classes in the Javadoc but it's not much to go on.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matty.
Re: Extensible Monitoring Framework [message #490887 is a reply to message #468770] Mon, 12 October 2009 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gerald Preissler is currently offline Gerald PreisslerFriend
Matthew,

sorry for the extremly late reply - we concentrated on the developer's mailing list and kind of forgot to monitor the forum.

Currently we are working on migrating some of the monitoring functionality from SOPERA ASF, our previous, non-Eclipse suite to Swordfish. For the monitoring framework, we're first looking at three different types of events that will be generated:

Lifecycle events - whenever a consumer or provider for a service becomes operational, a corresponding notification should be generated

Message tracking events - these should provide notifications about the service calls that are handled by a Swordfish instance. Internally, this information is already available. This information of course is pretty detailed, so some filtering and aggregation will have to take place to make it more useful.

Payload introspection - basically a way to report selected data from the business payload. This can be used for auditing purposes or to correlate business data (e.g. an order number that is part of the payload) with the tracking information for a service call.

While there is no documentation yet available for Swordfish, you might get some information from the documents on our product website: http://www.sopera.de/en/downloads/sopera-asf-32/ . Just scroll down to the documentation downloads, the information you are looking for is in the Policy Reference Guide. If you have any questions, please ask them here (I promise to check this forum more often), in the dev list or via direct mail (gerald dot preissler at sopera dot de).

We're also interested in your feedback - is there anything particular that you're looking for in the monitoring framework? Do you have any specific use cases?

Best regards

Jerry Preissler
Re: Extensible Monitoring Framework [message #577301 is a reply to message #468770] Mon, 12 October 2009 09:21 Go to previous message
Gerald Preissler is currently offline Gerald PreisslerFriend
Matthew,

sorry for the extremly late reply - we concentrated on the developer's mailing list and kind of forgot to monitor the forum.

Currently we are working on migrating some of the monitoring functionality from SOPERA ASF, our previous, non-Eclipse suite to Swordfish. For the monitoring framework, we're first looking at three different types of events that will be generated:

Lifecycle events - whenever a consumer or provider for a service becomes operational, a corresponding notification should be generated

Message tracking events - these should provide notifications about the service calls that are handled by a Swordfish instance. Internally, this information is already available. This information of course is pretty detailed, so some filtering and aggregation will have to take place to make it more useful.

Payload introspection - basically a way to report selected data from the business payload. This can be used for auditing purposes or to correlate business data (e.g. an order number that is part of the payload) with the tracking information for a service call.

While there is no documentation yet available for Swordfish, you might get some information from the documents on our product website: http://www.sopera.de/en/downloads/sopera-asf-32/ . Just scroll down to the documentation downloads, the information you are looking for is in the Policy Reference Guide. If you have any questions, please ask them here (I promise to check this forum more often), in the dev list or via direct mail (gerald dot preissler at sopera dot de).

We're also interested in your feedback - is there anything particular that you're looking for in the monitoring framework? Do you have any specific use cases?

Best regards

Jerry Preissler
Previous Topic:Swordfish 0.9 Release Review results
Next Topic:SwordFish for Dynamic Dependency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:34:31 GMT 2024