Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Packaging thick client with SWT / JFace
Packaging thick client with SWT / JFace [message #467104] Wed, 25 January 2006 07:55 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ashraf.fouad.gmail.com

Dears,
I have finished a thick client for my company, I used SWT/JFace as
development environment. I wanted to make it being able to run outside
eclipse of course, by using the following batch file:

set ECL_HOME=C:\open_source\eclipse
set LOG4J_HOME=C:\open_source\logging-log4j-1.2.12
set EXTPATH=D:\myclasses
set DB2_HOME="C:\Program Files\SQLLIB"
set JCONFIG_HOME=C:\open_source\jConfig
set JAVA_HOME=C:\sun\jdk1_5_0

set ECL_PLUGIN=%ECL_HOME%\plugins
set JAVA_LIB_PATH="C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\bin"

set
SWT_JFACE=%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.1.0.jar;% ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.osgi.util_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org .eclipse.osgi_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.jface.text_ 3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.jface_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUG IN%\org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\o rg.eclipse.swt_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.browser _3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.cheatsheets_3.1.0.jar ;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.console_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\ org.eclipse.ui.editors_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui .externaltools_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.forms_3 .1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.ide_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUG IN%\org.eclipse.ui.intro_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse. ui.presentations.r21_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.v iews_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.win32_3.1.0.jar;% ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor_3.1.0.jar;%E CL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.ui.workbench_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\o rg.eclipse.ui_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.core.runtim e.compatibility_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.core.runt ime_3.1.0.jar;%ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.core.boot_3.1.0.jar;% ECL_PLUGIN%\org.eclipse.text_3.1.0.jar
set
CLASSPATH=%SWT_JFACE%;%EXTPATH%\cp\swtcalendar.jar;%EXTPATH% \cp\icu4j_2_8.jar;%EXTPATH%\cp\classes12.jar;%EXTPATH%\cp\de v-db-utility-1.0.0.jar;%EXTPATH%\cp\dev-general-utility-1.0. 0.jar;%EXTPATH%\cp\nls_charset12.jar;%LOG4J_HOME%\dist\lib\l og4j-1.2.12.jar;%DB2_HOME%\java\db2java.zip;%DB2_HOME%\java\ runtime.zip;%JCONFIG_HOME%\dist\jconfig.jar;%JCONFIG_HOME%\l ib\crimson.jar;%JCONFIG_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar;%JCONFIG_HOME%\li b\jmxri.jar;%EXTPATH%\ip-support-tool-1\bin

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Djava.library.path=%JAVA_LIB_PATH% -classpath
%CLASSPATH% myapplication.MainWindow

I was looking for simpler way in specifing SWT/JFace libraries, instead of
mentioning one by one as in development environment in eclipse.

Is there more elegant solution?

Thanks in advance for your time :)
Ashraf Fouad
Re: Packaging thick client with SWT / JFace [message #467119 is a reply to message #467104] Wed, 25 January 2006 14:04 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

I think you have to mention the libraries, but if your application is
SWT+JFace, you should only need a couple of libraries (appropriate to
your platform)

org.eclipse.jface_3.1.0.jar org.eclipse.swt_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.jface.text_3.1.0.jar org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_3.1.0.jar

plus possibly the org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.1.0.jar (and a few more).

Later,
PW

Previous Topic:How to apply a different style to a specific child in a tree ?
Next Topic:Blocking Menu Contribution of ActiveX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:19:08 GMT 2024