Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » TableCursor and no more doubleClicks
TableCursor and no more doubleClicks [message #464559] Thu, 24 November 2005 20:00 Go to next message
Bernd Juergens is currently offline Bernd JuergensFriend
Hi,

if I put a TableCursor on a table, neither the table nor
the TableCursor receive an doubleClick event. Without
the tableCursor everything works.

I wanted provide a entry function like in the snippet,
but add an additional mouse double click to edit shortcut.

Do I have to choose between mouse interface (no TableCursor)
and keyboard interface (TableCursor)?

Sincerly,
Bernd
Re: TableCursor and no more doubleClicks [message #464635 is a reply to message #464559] Fri, 25 November 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Veronika Irvine is currently offline Veronika IrvineFriend
The following works for me. Note that after you click soemwhere in the
table, focus goes to the table cursor and then you have to double click on
the table cursor (three clicks in total).

/*********************************************************** ********************
* Copyright (c) 2000, 2004 IBM Corporation and others.
* All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
* are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
* which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
* http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
* Contributors:
* IBM Corporation - initial API and implementation
************************************************************ *******************/package org.eclipse.swt.snippets;/* * TableCursor example snippet: navigate a table cells with arrow keys. * Edit when user hits Return key. Exit edit mode by hitting Escape(cancels edit) * or Return (applies edit to table). * * For a list of all SWT example snippets see * http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/ */import org.eclipse.swt.*;import org.eclipse.swt.custom.*;import org.eclipse.swt.events.*;import org.eclipse.swt.layout.*;import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.*;public class Snippet96 {public static void main(String[] args) { Display display = new Display(); Shell shell = new Shell(display); shell.setLayout(new GridLayout()); // create a a table with 3 columns and fill with data final Table table = new Table(shell, SWT.BORDER | SWT.MULTI |SWT.FULL_SELECTION); table.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL_BOTH)); TableColumn column1 = new TableColumn(table, SWT.NONE); TableColumn column2 = new TableColumn(table, SWT.NONE); TableColumn column3 = new TableColumn(table, SWT.NONE); for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) { TableItem item = new TableItem(table, SWT.NONE); item.setText(new String[] {"cell " + i + " 0", "cell" + i + " 1", "cell " + i + " 2" }); } column1.pack(); column2.pack(); column3.pack(); // create a TableCursor to navigate around the table final TableCursor cursor = new TableCursor(table, SWT.NONE); // create an editor to edit the cell when the user hits "ENTER" // while over a cell in the table final ControlEditor editor = new ControlEditor(cursor); editor.grabHorizontal = true; editor.grabVertical = true; cursor.addSelectionListener(new SelectionAdapter() { // when the TableEditor is over a cell, select thecorresponding row in // the table public void widgetSelected(SelectionEvent e) { table.setSelection(new TableItem[] {cursor.getRow()}); } // when the user hits "ENTER" in the TableCursor, pop up atext editor so that // they can change the text of the cell public void widgetDefaultSelected(SelectionEvent e) { final Text text = new Text(cursor, SWT.NONE); TableItem row = cursor.getRow(); int column = cursor.getColumn(); text.setText(row.getText(column)); text.addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() { public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) { // close the text editor and copythe data over // when the user hits "ENTER" if (e.character == SWT.CR) { TableItem row =cursor.getRow(); int column =cursor.getColumn(); row.setText(column,text.getText()); text.dispose(); } // close the text editor when theuser hits "ESC" if (e.character == SWT.ESC) { text.dispose(); } } }); // close the text editor when the user tabs away text.addFocusListener(new FocusAdapter() { public void focusLost(FocusEvent e) { text.dispose(); } }); editor.setEditor(text); text.setFocus(); } }); // Hide the TableCursor when the user hits the "CTRL" or "SHIFT"key. // This alows the user to select multiple items in the table. cursor.addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() { public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) { if (e.keyCode == SWT.CTRL || e.keyCode == SWT.SHIFT || (e.stateMask & SWT.CONTROL) != 0 || (e.stateMask & SWT.SHIFT) != 0) { cursor.setVisible(false); } } }); // When the user double clicks in the TableCursor, pop up a texteditor so that // they can change the text of the cell cursor.addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() { public void mouseDoubleClick(MouseEvent e) { final Text text = new Text(cursor, SWT.NONE); TableItem row = cursor.getRow(); int column = cursor.getColumn(); text.setText(row.getText(column)); text.addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() { public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) { // close the text editor and copythe data over // when the user hits "ENTER" if (e.character == SWT.CR) { TableItem row =cursor.getRow(); int column =cursor.getColumn(); row.setText(column,text.getText()); text.dispose(); } // close the text editor when theuser hits "ESC" if (e.character == SWT.ESC) { text.dispose(); } } }); // close the text editor when the user clicks away text.addFocusListener(new FocusAdapter() { public void focusLost(FocusEvent e) { text.dispose(); } }); editor.setEditor(text); text.setFocus(); } }); // Show the TableCursor when the user releases the "SHIFT" or "CTRL"key. // This signals the end of the multiple selection task. table.addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() { public void keyReleased(KeyEvent e) { if (e.keyCode == SWT.CONTROL && (e.stateMask &SWT.SHIFT) != 0) return; if (e.keyCode == SWT.SHIFT && (e.stateMask &SWT.CONTROL) != 0) return; if (e.keyCode != SWT.CONTROL && (e.stateMask & SWT.CONTROL) != 0) return; if (e.keyCode != SWT.SHIFT && (e.stateMask &SWT.SHIFT) != 0) return; TableItem[] selection = table.getSelection(); TableItem row = (selection.length == 0) ?table.getItem(table.getTopIndex()) : selection[0]; table.showItem(row); cursor.setSelection(row, 0); cursor.setVisible(true); cursor.setFocus(); } }); shell.open(); while (!shell.isDisposed()) { if (!display.readAndDispatch()) display.sleep(); } display.dispose();}}
Re: TableCursor and no more doubleClicks [message #464636 is a reply to message #464635] Fri, 25 November 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reposting - hopefully with better formatting.

The following works for me. Note that after you click somewhere in the
table, focus goes to the table cursor and then you have to double click on
the table cursor (three clicks in total).

/*********************************************************** ********************
* Copyright (c) 2000, 2004 IBM Corporation and others.
* All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
* are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
* which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
* http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
* Contributors:
* IBM Corporation - initial API and implementation
************************************************************ *******************/package org.eclipse.swt.snippets;/* * TableCursor example snippet: navigate a table cells with arrow keys. * Edit when user hits Return key. Exit edit mode by hitting Escape(cancels edit) * or Return (applies edit to table). * * For a list of all SWT example snippets see * http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/ */import org.eclipse.swt.*;import org.eclipse.swt.custom.*;import org.eclipse.swt.events.*;import org.eclipse.swt.layout.*;import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.*;public class Snippet96 {public static void main(String[] args) { Display display = new Display(); Shell shell = new Shell(display); shell.setLayout(new GridLayout()); // create a a table with 3 columns and fill with data final Table table = new Table(shell, SWT.BORDER | SWT.MULTI |SWT.FULL_SELECTION); table.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL_BOTH)); TableColumn column1 = new TableColumn(table, SWT.NONE); TableColumn column2 = new TableColumn(table, SWT.NONE); TableColumn column3 = new TableColumn(table, SWT.NONE); for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) { TableItem item = new TableItem(table, SWT.NONE); item.setText(new String[] {"cell " + i + " 0", "cell" + i + " 1", "cell " + i + " 2" }); } column1.pack(); column2.pack(); column3.pack(); // create a TableCursor to navigate around the table final TableCursor cursor = new TableCursor(table, SWT.NONE); // create an editor to edit the cell when the user hits "ENTER" // while over a cell in the table final ControlEditor editor = new ControlEditor(cursor); editor.grabHorizontal = true; editor.grabVertical = true; cursor.addSelectionListener(new SelectionAdapter() { // when the TableEditor is over a cell, select thecorresponding row in // the table public void widgetSelected(SelectionEvent e) { table.setSelection(new TableItem[] {cursor.getRow()}); } // when the user hits "ENTER" in the TableCursor, pop up atext editor so that // they can change the text of the cell public void widgetDefaultSelected(SelectionEvent e) { final Text text = new Text(cursor, SWT.NONE); TableItem row = cursor.getRow(); int column = cursor.getColumn(); text.setText(row.getText(column)); text.addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() { public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) { // close the text editor and copythe data over // when the user hits "ENTER" if (e.character == SWT.CR) { TableItem row =cursor.getRow(); int column =cursor.getColumn(); row.setText(column,text.getText()); text.dispose(); } // close the text editor when theuser hits "ESC" if (e.character == SWT.ESC) { text.dispose(); } } }); // close the text editor when the user tabs away text.addFocusListener(new FocusAdapter() { public void focusLost(FocusEvent e) { text.dispose(); } }); editor.setEditor(text); text.setFocus(); } }); // Hide the TableCursor when the user hits the "CTRL" or "SHIFT"key. // This alows the user to select multiple items in the table. cursor.addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() { public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) { if (e.keyCode == SWT.CTRL || e.keyCode == SWT.SHIFT || (e.stateMask & SWT.CONTROL) != 0 || (e.stateMask & SWT.SHIFT) != 0) { cursor.setVisible(false); } } }); // When the user double clicks in the TableCursor, pop up a texteditor so that // they can change the text of the cell cursor.addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() { public void mouseDoubleClick(MouseEvent e) { final Text text = new Text(cursor, SWT.NONE); TableItem row = cursor.getRow(); int column = cursor.getColumn(); text.setText(row.getText(column)); text.addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() { public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) { // close the text editor and copythe data over // when the user hits "ENTER" if (e.character == SWT.CR) { TableItem row =cursor.getRow(); int column =cursor.getColumn(); row.setText(column,text.getText()); text.dispose(); } // close the text editor when theuser hits "ESC" if (e.character == SWT.ESC) { text.dispose(); } } }); // close the text editor when the user clicks away text.addFocusListener(new FocusAdapter() { public void focusLost(FocusEvent e) { text.dispose(); } }); editor.setEditor(text); text.setFocus(); } }); // Show the TableCursor when the user releases the "SHIFT" or "CTRL"key. // This signals the end of the multiple selection task. table.addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() { public void keyReleased(KeyEvent e) { if (e.keyCode == SWT.CONTROL && (e.stateMask &SWT.SHIFT) != 0) return; if (e.keyCode == SWT.SHIFT && (e.stateMask &SWT.CONTROL) != 0) return; if (e.keyCode != SWT.CONTROL && (e.stateMask & SWT.CONTROL) != 0) return; if (e.keyCode != SWT.SHIFT && (e.stateMask &SWT.SHIFT) != 0) return; TableItem[] selection = table.getSelection(); TableItem row = (selection.length == 0) ?table.getItem(table.getTopIndex()) : selection[0]; table.showItem(row); cursor.setSelection(row, 0); cursor.setVisible(true); cursor.setFocus(); } }); shell.open(); while (!shell.isDisposed()) { if (!display.readAndDispatch()) display.sleep(); } display.dispose();}}
Re: TableCursor and no more doubleClicks [message #464637 is a reply to message #464636] Fri, 25 November 2005 15:00 Go to previous message
Can't seem to make this format correctly. Bizarre.

Anyway, I have updated the following snippet.

To avoid requiring three clicks, I listen for mouse down instead of mouse
double click in the table cursor:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.swt.sni ppets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet96.java?rev=HEAD&a mp;content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
Previous Topic:Hw to decorate editor image
Next Topic:stop swt window resizing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:12:15 GMT 2024