Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Missing grip on resizable dialogs on XP
Missing grip on resizable dialogs on XP [message #463167] Fri, 28 October 2005 12:15 Go to next message
ted stockwell is currently offline ted stockwellFriend
Hi All,

I've noticed that resizable dialogs on XP have a 'grip' on the lower right hand corner, however, resizable dialogs in the
Eclipse IDE do not have such a grip.
I've even tried including an XP manifest file with my eclipse.exe.

Is this a SWT issue?
Or a RCP issue?
Re: Missing grip on resizable dialogs on XP [message #463207 is a reply to message #463167] Sun, 30 October 2005 19:11 Go to previous message
Sebastian Machhausen is currently offline Sebastian MachhausenFriend
Hi Ted,

it is indeed a swt issue. But i have never seen the grip you quoted in a swt application on a xp machine. Not all components resemble their native brothers 100%. There are differences and this is one of em. A manifest file won't help you here as this is simply not implemented that way. I think swt tries to find the least common denominator in the implementation of ui components on win32 machines. But to be honest: Is it that important? Ok, you can tell at first sight that a dialog is resizable without a need to try it out. But one can get over this i think.

Greetings
Sebastian
Previous Topic:SWT Table
Next Topic:pie chart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:28:29 GMT 2024