Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » How to resize widgets?
How to resize widgets? [message #462454] Wed, 12 October 2005 12:54 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: abanchi2000.yahoo.com

How can I resize two adjacent widgets by draging an edge of a widget or
the boundary between them?
Re: How to resize widgets? [message #462461 is a reply to message #462454] Wed, 12 October 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Spiewak is currently offline Daniel SpiewakFriend
There's no native way of doing this because this functionality isn't supported natively by any WS. The only way to do something like this would be to emulate it yourself with some sort of canvas which would trap mouse events and then call the setBounds(Rectangle) method on the widget(s) in question. Alternatively, I think GEF supports something like this, but I'm really not sure. Take a look at VE for an example.
Re: How to resize widgets? [message #462467 is a reply to message #462461] Wed, 12 October 2005 15:51 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

Or do you mean a Sash where you have two widgets filling the sash with a
line between the two which can be dragged up or down (left or right) and
have one widget grow bigger while the other grows smaller?

Daniel Spiewak wrote:
> There's no native way of doing this because this functionality isn't supported natively by any WS. The only way to do something like this would be to emulate it yourself with some sort of canvas which would trap mouse events and then call the setBounds(Rectangle) method on the widget(s) in question. Alternatively, I think GEF supports something like this, but I'm really not sure. Take a look at VE for an example.

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Previous Topic:drawing an image over different composites
Next Topic:Tutorial to SWT for Printing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:56:13 GMT 2024