Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Combo dropdown editor in TableTree
Combo dropdown editor in TableTree [message #445376] Thu, 04 November 2004 15:29
Rajeev Sudra is currently offline Rajeev SudraFriend
Dear all,

I am trying to include a Combo drop down editor for an item in a TableTreeViewer. The TableTreeViewer actually only contains a single column with a tree in it (it is only used to really navigate and hide components in graphical viewer so could have just used a tree but like the table lines). If the tree contains the following:

Item 1
Item 2
+ Item 3
SubItem 1

I would a combo box to appear in where the * is. Although the model passed to the TableTreeViewer only contains 4 items, I want a combo box to be append after the very last entry in the table. The combo box will be populated to add additional items to the model (and through refreshing) update the visual display, pushing the combo box down appropriately.

The question is how do it do it? Let me ask some specifics to help break the problem down:

- I suppose I need a listener of some kind after traversing the model with the content providers help to add some type of dummy value used to insert a combo box. Does this sound right, any suggestions on how to implement this?

- I need to include a combo append the combo box after the last entry in the TableTree (Which are just rendered as labels - no special cell editors on any of the items beyond the special combo box item).

Any help that you can provide would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Raj
Previous Topic:How to be featured on the SWT Community page
Next Topic:help : how get cursor beyound the end of line in editor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:20:08 GMT 2024