Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP demo startup problem
RAP demo startup problem [message #41621] Tue, 14 August 2007 08:01 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: gregor.ambrozic.gmail.com

Hi!

When I try to run the RAP demo, I get the error with message "Launching
failed. Required library "startup.jar" is missing from the target platform".

I tried with M4 and M5 milestone target platforms and I always get the same
error.

How can I solve this?
Re: RAP demo startup problem [message #41668 is a reply to message #41621] Tue, 14 August 2007 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: b.muskalla.gmx.net

Hi Gregor,

this sounds like a version conflict. The startup.jar is 3.2 only and was
replaced by equinox starter in 3.3.

Which Eclipse version do you use and which target platform version?

Greets
Benny

Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I try to run the RAP demo, I get the error with message "Launching
> failed. Required library "startup.jar" is missing from the target platform".
>
> I tried with M4 and M5 milestone target platforms and I always get the same
> error.
>
> How can I solve this?
>
>
Re: RAP demo startup problem [message #41699 is a reply to message #41668] Tue, 14 August 2007 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: gregor.ambrozic.gmail.com

I am using Eclipse 3.3 and target platform I used was also 3.3 (both for M4
and M5).

"Benjamin Muskalla" <b.muskalla@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:f9s23p$10m$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Gregor,
>
> this sounds like a version conflict. The startup.jar is 3.2 only and was
> replaced by equinox starter in 3.3.
>
> Which Eclipse version do you use and which target platform version?
>
> Greets
> Benny
>
> Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> When I try to run the RAP demo, I get the error with message "Launching
>> failed. Required library "startup.jar" is missing from the target
>> platform".
>>
>> I tried with M4 and M5 milestone target platforms and I always get the
>> same error.
>>
>> How can I solve this?
Re: RAP demo startup problem [message #41730 is a reply to message #41699] Tue, 14 August 2007 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: b.muskalla.gmx.net

Hi,

can you reproduce the steps how to run into that problem?
Really can't reproduce it.

Greets
Benny

Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
> I am using Eclipse 3.3 and target platform I used was also 3.3 (both for M4
> and M5).
>
> "Benjamin Muskalla" <b.muskalla@gmx.net> wrote in message
> news:f9s23p$10m$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi Gregor,
>>
>> this sounds like a version conflict. The startup.jar is 3.2 only and was
>> replaced by equinox starter in 3.3.
>>
>> Which Eclipse version do you use and which target platform version?
>>
>> Greets
>> Benny
>>
>> Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> When I try to run the RAP demo, I get the error with message "Launching
>>> failed. Required library "startup.jar" is missing from the target
>>> platform".
>>>
>>> I tried with M4 and M5 milestone target platforms and I always get the
>>> same error.
>>>
>>> How can I solve this?
>
>
Re: RAP demo startup problem [message #41761 is a reply to message #41730] Tue, 14 August 2007 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: gregor.ambrozic.gmail.com

I found out what the problem was. I didn't have final Eclipse 3.3, but an
older milestone build.

Thanks!

"Benjamin Muskalla" <b.muskalla@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:f9s9gs$in2$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> can you reproduce the steps how to run into that problem?
> Really can't reproduce it.
>
> Greets
> Benny
>
> Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
>> I am using Eclipse 3.3 and target platform I used was also 3.3 (both for
>> M4 and M5).
>>
>> "Benjamin Muskalla" <b.muskalla@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> news:f9s23p$10m$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> Hi Gregor,
>>>
>>> this sounds like a version conflict. The startup.jar is 3.2 only and was
>>> replaced by equinox starter in 3.3.
>>>
>>> Which Eclipse version do you use and which target platform version?
>>>
>>> Greets
>>> Benny
>>>
>>> Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
>>>> Hi!
>>>>
>>>> When I try to run the RAP demo, I get the error with message "Launching
>>>> failed. Required library "startup.jar" is missing from the target
>>>> platform".
>>>>
>>>> I tried with M4 and M5 milestone target platforms and I always get the
>>>> same error.
>>>>
>>>> How can I solve this?
>>
Re: RAP demo startup problem [message #41790 is a reply to message #41761] Tue, 14 August 2007 17:07 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: b.muskalla.gmx.net

Good to know :)

Have fun with RAP...

Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
> I found out what the problem was. I didn't have final Eclipse 3.3, but an
> older milestone build.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Benjamin Muskalla" <b.muskalla@gmx.net> wrote in message
> news:f9s9gs$in2$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi,
>>
>> can you reproduce the steps how to run into that problem?
>> Really can't reproduce it.
>>
>> Greets
>> Benny
>>
>> Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
>>> I am using Eclipse 3.3 and target platform I used was also 3.3 (both for
>>> M4 and M5).
>>>
>>> "Benjamin Muskalla" <b.muskalla@gmx.net> wrote in message
>>> news:f9s23p$10m$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>>> Hi Gregor,
>>>>
>>>> this sounds like a version conflict. The startup.jar is 3.2 only and was
>>>> replaced by equinox starter in 3.3.
>>>>
>>>> Which Eclipse version do you use and which target platform version?
>>>>
>>>> Greets
>>>> Benny
>>>>
>>>> Gregor Ambrozic wrote:
>>>>> Hi!
>>>>>
>>>>> When I try to run the RAP demo, I get the error with message "Launching
>>>>> failed. Required library "startup.jar" is missing from the target
>>>>> platform".
>>>>>
>>>>> I tried with M4 and M5 milestone target platforms and I always get the
>>>>> same error.
>>>>>
>>>>> How can I solve this?
>
Previous Topic:PDF-Documents
Next Topic:custom widget tutorial
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Oct 01 07:07:13 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02306 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top