Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » demo stack overflow
demo stack overflow [message #375585] Wed, 13 February 2008 19:01 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: johnmc.cs.clemson.edu

I was having a problem I had not encountered before and decided to go
back and materialize the demo from the website.

I am getting:

java.lang.StackOverflowError (time of error: February 13, 2008 1:55:54
PM EST)
Resolving query (Time of error: February 13, 2008 1:55:54 PM EST)
[0001]:java.lang.StackOverflowError (Time of error: February 13, 2008
1:55:54 PM EST)

I am using the latest download.

John
Re: demo stack overflow [message #375587 is a reply to message #375585] Wed, 13 February 2008 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi John,
That doesn't sound good at all! And I'm not able to reproduce it.

Is there a stacktrace in your <workspace>/.metadata/.log by any chance?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

John McGregor wrote:
> I was having a problem I had not encountered before and decided to go
> back and materialize the demo from the website.
>
> I am getting:
>
> java.lang.StackOverflowError (time of error: February 13, 2008 1:55:54
> PM EST)
> Resolving query (Time of error: February 13, 2008 1:55:54 PM EST)
> [0001]:java.lang.StackOverflowError (Time of error: February 13, 2008
> 1:55:54 PM EST)
>
> I am using the latest download.
>
> John
Re: demo stack overflow [message #375589 is a reply to message #375587] Wed, 13 February 2008 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: johnmc.cs.clemson.edu

No, there is no log file

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Hi John,
> That doesn't sound good at all! And I'm not able to reproduce it.
>
> Is there a stacktrace in your <workspace>/.metadata/.log by any chance?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren
>
>
> John McGregor wrote:
>> I was having a problem I had not encountered before and decided to go
>> back and materialize the demo from the website.
>>
>> I am getting:
>>
>> java.lang.StackOverflowError (time of error: February 13, 2008 1:55:54
>> PM EST)
>> Resolving query (Time of error: February 13, 2008 1:55:54 PM EST)
>> [0001]:java.lang.StackOverflowError (Time of error: February 13, 2008
>> 1:55:54 PM EST)
>>
>> I am using the latest download.
>>
>> John
Re: demo stack overflow [message #549888 is a reply to message #375585] Wed, 28 July 2010 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kelvin kelvinsky is currently offline kelvin kelvinskyFriend
I got the same exception and i found out that problem is that my projects have circular dependencies.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-07-28 11:02:51.544
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.StackOverflowError
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(ZipFile.java:148)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.getEntry(JarFile.java:208)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.getJarEntry(JarFile.java:191)
	at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(URLClassPath.java:757)
	at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.findResource(URLClassPath.java:735)
	at sun.misc.URLClassPath.findResource(URLClassPath.java:146)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$2.run(URLClassLoader.java:385)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findResource(URLClassLoader.java:382)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(ClassLoader.java:1003)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(ClassLoader.java:998)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.ContextFinder.getResource(ContextFinder.java:147)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(ClassLoader.java:1193)
	at javax.xml.parsers.SecuritySupport$4.run(SecuritySupport.java:96)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at javax.xml.parsers.SecuritySupport.getResourceAsStream(SecuritySupport.java:89)
	at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.findJarServiceProvider(FactoryFinder.java:250)
	at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:223)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.target.TargetDefinitionPersistenceHelper.initFromXML(TargetDefinitionPersistenceHelper.java:215)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.target.TargetDefinition.setContents(TargetDefinition.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.target.AbstractTargetHandle.getTargetDefinition(AbstractTargetHandle.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform.doWithActivePlatform(PDETargetPlatform.java:265)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform.getOS(PDETargetPlatform.java:179)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.RMContext.getGlobalPropertyAdditions(RMContext.java:201)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.RMContext.<init>(RMContext.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.RMContext.<init>(RMContext.java:242)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolutionContext.<init>(ResolutionContext.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolutionContext.<init>(ResolutionContext.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.WorkspaceInfo.deepResolveLocal(WorkspaceInfo.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.WorkspaceInfo.resolveLocal(WorkspaceInfo.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.WorkspaceInfo.getResolution(WorkspaceInfo.java:519)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.ModelCache.findCSpec(ModelCache.java:46)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.CSpec.getReferencedCSpec(CSpec.java:461)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.CSpec.getReferencedAttribute(CSpec.java:439)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.Prerequisite.getReferencedAttribute(Prerequisite.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.Group.isProducedByActions(Group.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.Group.isProducedByActions(Group.java:160)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.Group.isProducedByActions(Group.java:160)
Re: demo stack overflow [message #550005 is a reply to message #549888] Wed, 28 July 2010 17:20 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Can you please enter a bugzilla for this? A reproducible example is always very helpful.

Thanks,

- thomas

On 07/28/2010 01:32 PM, posta428 wrote:
> I got the same exception and i found out that problem is that my
> projects have circular dependencies.
>
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-07-28 11:02:51.544
> !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.StackOverflowError
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(ZipFile.java:148)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.getEntry(JarFile.java:208)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.getJarEntry(JarFile.java:191)
> at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(URLClassPath.jav a:757)
> at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.findResource(URLClassPath.ja va:735)
> at sun.misc.URLClassPath.findResource(URLClassPath.java:146)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader$2.run(URLClassLoader.java:385)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findResource(URLClassLoader.java:382 )
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(ClassLoader.java:1003)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(ClassLoader.java:998)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.ContextFinder.getR esource(ContextFinder.java:147)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(ClassLoader.java:1 193)
> at javax.xml.parsers.SecuritySupport$4.run(SecuritySupport.java :96)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
> javax.xml.parsers.SecuritySupport.getResourceAsStream(Securi tySupport.java:89)
>
> at
> javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.findJarServiceProvider(Facto ryFinder.java:250)
>
> at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:223)
> at
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Documen tBuilderFactory.java:123)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.target.TargetDefinitionPersist enceHelper.initFromXML(TargetDefinitionPersistenceHelper.jav a:215)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.target.TargetDefinition.setCon tents(TargetDefinition.java:629)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.target.AbstractTargetHandle.ge tTargetDefinition(AbstractTargetHandle.java:72)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform.doWit hActivePlatform(PDETargetPlatform.java:265)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform.getOS (PDETargetPlatform.java:179)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.RMContext.getGlobalPropertyAddi tions(RMContext.java:201)
>
> at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.RMContext.<init>(RMContext.java:246)
> at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.RMContext.<init>(RMContext.java:242)
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolutionContext.<init >(ResolutionContext.java:52)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolutionContext.<init >(ResolutionContext.java:47)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.WorkspaceInfo.deepReso lveLocal(WorkspaceInfo.java:132)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.WorkspaceInfo.resolveL ocal(WorkspaceInfo.java:622)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.WorkspaceInfo.getResol ution(WorkspaceInfo.java:519)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.ModelCache.findCSpec(M odelCache.java:46)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.CSpec.getReferenced CSpec(CSpec.java:461)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.CSpec.getReferenced Attribute(CSpec.java:439)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.Prerequisite.getRef erencedAttribute(Prerequisite.java:142)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.Group.isProducedByA ctions(Group.java:159)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.Group.isProducedByA ctions(Group.java:160)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.Group.isProducedByA ctions(Group.java:160)
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
>
Previous Topic:Source plugins via url.zipped
Next Topic:Product builds in IDE, fails in Hudson
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:59:33 GMT 2024