|[Announce] Model Driven PDE Builds - a fresh perspective [message #37546]
||Sat, 13 December 2008 00:06
Originally posted by: kagan.turgut.REMOVE.THIS..brane.com|
I have submitted a proposal for a long talk for EclipseCon 2009, entitled
"Enterprise Build System: Model Driven Architecture on PDE Build Runtime".
I will be presenting a model driven RCP application that models after PDE
Build, with a graphical as well as command line interface. Builds are
executed following an "Execution Plan" by an extensible "Command Framework".
We've taken the scalability requirements of large enterprises into
consideration with the primary objective to to drastically simplify build
and release process while still exposing the full power and flexibility of
PDE Builds - taken to the next level with additional functions to cover
entire software development and release life-cycle.
Among the interesting features we will cover in the demo:
- configure and run build using RCP GUI, or command line API
- debugging the Build process in Eclipse IDE
- declarative, template driven Team and Distribution Portals (where users
can download Eclipse distributions, and product builds etc.)
- create a build or test platform on demand (supporting Equinox as well as
other OSGI containers),
- materialize your workspace with click of a button,
- publish build artifacts to update sites, p2 repositories and distribution
- declaratively define an Eclipse Distribution (using Eclipse Product
Editor), and publish to Distribution Portal
- extending the command framework
You can read more about this, and other submissions at EclipseCon submission
Don't miss out on your opportunity to influence which talks end up on the
program for EclipseCon 2009!
Also: I look forward to working with the PDE team to validate our PDE Build
model and accomodate planned PDE Build features.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02008 seconds