Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » /run returns data /frameset fails
/run returns data /frameset fails [message #361145] Wed, 12 March 2008 21:42 Go to next message
Jesse Reimann is currently offline Jesse ReimannFriend
I'm using the Birt 2.2.2 runtime on BEA Weblogic Server and using the
WebViewExample as described in documentation. The sample report works
fine. I however have created a couple simple reports that are binding to
Datsources and Datasets. They work fine in the preview mode in Eclipse as
well as in /preview and /run mode deployed on the server. However when I
try to use the /frameset to use the Birt viewer with the toolbar they
fail. I've set my logging to FINEST and am recieving the below error. Can
anyone advise me on howto resolve this issue?

Mar 12, 2008 5:23:29 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask
doRun
SEVERE: Error happened while running the report.
java.lang.AssertionError
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.ex ecute(HTMLAbstractLM.java:434)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.ex ecute(HTMLAbstractLM.java:449)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.ex ecute(HTMLAbstractLM.java:449)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLListingBandLM .intializeHeaderContent(HTMLListingBandLM.java:96)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLListingBandLM .initialize(HTMLListingBandLM.java:48)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableBandLM.i nitialize(HTMLTableBandLM.java:42)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLLayoutManager Factory.createLayoutManager(HTMLLayoutManagerFactory.java:50 )
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutE ngine.createLayoutManager(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:146)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStacking LM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:67)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.la youtChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:24)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.layou tChildren(HTMLTableLM.java:76)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.la yout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:138)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStacking LM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout (HTMLPageLM.java:85)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutE ngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:106)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBu ilder.build(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:189)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTas k.java:224)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask. java:89)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runRepor t(Ljavax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;Lorg.eclipse.birt.r eport.engine.api.IReportRunnable;Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.uti l.Locale;Ljava.util.Map;Ljava.util.Map;)V(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runR eport(Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.IViewerReportDesi gnHandle;Ljava.lang.String;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.service. api.InputOptions;Ljava.util.Map;Ljava.util.Map;)Ljava.lang.S tring;(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportA ctionHandler.__execute()V(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageAct ionHandler.__checkDocumentExists()V(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPag eActionHandler.prepareParameters()V(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPag eActionHandler.__execute()V(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseAc tionHandler.execute()V(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDoc umentProcessor.__executeAction(Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.serv ice.actionhandler.IActionHandler;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.co ntext.IContext;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.Opera tion;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.GetUpdatedObjec tsResponse;)V(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseCom ponentProcessor.executeAction(Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.servi ce.actionhandler.IActionHandler;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.con text.IContext;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.Operat ion;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.GetUpdatedObject sResponse;)V(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentPro cessor.handleGetPage(Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.context.IConte xt;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.Operation;Lorg.ec lipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.GetUpdatedObjectsResponse;) V(Unknown
Source)
at
jrockit.reflect.VirtualNativeMethodInvoker.invoke(Ljava.lang .Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown
Source)
Re: /run returns data /frameset fails [message #361153 is a reply to message #361145] Thu, 13 March 2008 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jasonweathersby.alltel.net

Jesse,

Can you log a bug for this?

Jason

Jesse Reimann wrote:
> I'm using the Birt 2.2.2 runtime on BEA Weblogic Server and using the
> WebViewExample as described in documentation. The sample report works
> fine. I however have created a couple simple reports that are binding to
> Datsources and Datasets. They work fine in the preview mode in Eclipse
> as well as in /preview and /run mode deployed on the server. However
> when I try to use the /frameset to use the Birt viewer with the toolbar
> they fail. I've set my logging to FINEST and am recieving the below
> error. Can anyone advise me on howto resolve this issue?
>
> Mar 12, 2008 5:23:29 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask
> doRun
> SEVERE: Error happened while running the report.
> java.lang.AssertionError
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.ex ecute(HTMLAbstractLM.java:434)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.ex ecute(HTMLAbstractLM.java:449)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.ex ecute(HTMLAbstractLM.java:449)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLListingBandLM .intializeHeaderContent(HTMLListingBandLM.java:96)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLListingBandLM .initialize(HTMLListingBandLM.java:48)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableBandLM.i nitialize(HTMLTableBandLM.java:42)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLLayoutManager Factory.createLayoutManager(HTMLLayoutManagerFactory.java:50 )
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutE ngine.createLayoutManager(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:146)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStacking LM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:67)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.la youtChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:24)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.layou tChildren(HTMLTableLM.java:76)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.la yout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:138)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStacking LM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout (HTMLPageLM.java:85)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutE ngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:106)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBu ilder.build(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:189)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTas k.java:224)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask. java:89)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runRepor t(Ljavax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;Lorg.eclipse.birt.r eport.engine.api.IReportRunnable;Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.uti l.Locale;Ljava.util.Map;Ljava.util.Map;)V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runR eport(Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.IViewerReportDesi gnHandle;Ljava.lang.String;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.service. api.InputOptions;Ljava.util.Map;Ljava.util.Map;)Ljava.lang.S tring;(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportA ctionHandler.__execute()V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageAct ionHandler.__checkDocumentExists()V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPag eActionHandler.prepareParameters()V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPag eActionHandler.__execute()V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseAc tionHandler.execute()V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDoc umentProcessor.__executeAction(Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.serv ice.actionhandler.IActionHandler;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.co ntext.IContext;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.Opera tion;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.GetUpdatedObjec tsResponse;)V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseCom ponentProcessor.executeAction(Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.servi ce.actionhandler.IActionHandler;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.con text.IContext;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.Operat ion;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.GetUpdatedObject sResponse;)V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentPro cessor.handleGetPage(Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.context.IConte xt;Lorg.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.Operation;Lorg.ec lipse.birt.report.soapengine.api.GetUpdatedObjectsResponse;) V(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> jrockit.reflect.VirtualNativeMethodInvoker.invoke(Ljava.lang .Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown
> Source)
>
>
Re: /run returns data /frameset fails [message #361157 is a reply to message #361153] Thu, 13 March 2008 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After digging a bit into the Birt source I was able to determine that it
was failing because the Repeat Header was enabled in the Page Break
options for the table. When I turned that off the frameset worked. It
looks like
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.ex ecute is
calling execute( childContent, childExecutor ); and the childContent is
null causing the assertion. When I turn of Repeat Header it doesn't
execute that code path.

I'm going to look into this some more because I file a bug. Because we are
using BEA Workshop we are stuck with the 2.1.3 version of the Birt in
Eclipse. We do need however to use the oda.ws webservice datasource so I
am investigating using 2.1.3 to design reports(with the DTP 1.5.2 so that
web service datasource option) but actually using 2.2.2 as the runtime. I
will do some further investigation to see if it is this goofy
configuration that is the root cause of the issue.
Re: /run returns data /frameset fails [message #361176 is a reply to message #361153] Thu, 13 March 2008 20:30 Go to previous message
I researched this some more and reported my findings in a bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=222661

I was able to workaround this issue by disabling assertions for Birt by
specifying -da:org.eclipse.birt... (assertions are defaultly enabled on my
BEA Weblogic Server devlopment environment).

Jesse
Previous Topic:No hyperlinks on Table row but only table cell data?
Next Topic:Table border in a HTML Text in PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:19:23 GMT 2024