Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Custom Eclipse Plugin compatibility issues due to changes in EclipseLauncher class(Using older version of m2e-core plugin that has different signature for runMaven() method in IMavenLauncher interface)
Custom Eclipse Plugin compatibility issues due to changes in EclipseLauncher class [message #1858899] Sat, 29 April 2023 05:55 Go to next message
Kamalpreet Kaur is currently offline Kamalpreet KaurFriend
I'm currently creating a eclipse plugin wherein I'm launching a maven command by instantiating EclipseMavenLauncher class and calling runMaven method -

Now the method signature has changes as :

public CompletableFuture<?> runMaven(File basedir, String goals, Map<String, String> mavenProperties,
      boolean interactive)

Earlier, it used to accept userProperties as Properties class type. Now, if I try to install the plugin, execution fails on older version of eclipse. I tried to bundle the m2e plugin also. But it then ask to downgrade Eclipse.

Anything I'm doing wrong or how can I resolve this incompatibility ?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Custom Eclipse Plugin compatibility issues due to changes in EclipseLauncher class [message #1858902 is a reply to message #1858899] Sat, 29 April 2023 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

This sounds like something to raise at https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/discussions/, rather than a Newcomers forum.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Sat, 29 April 2023 06:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom Eclipse Plugin compatibility issues due to changes in EclipseLauncher class [message #1858911 is a reply to message #1858902] Sun, 30 April 2023 21:21 Go to previous message
Kamalpreet Kaur is currently offline Kamalpreet KaurFriend
Sure, Thanks.
Previous Topic:The way of working concerning posting topics
Next Topic:another question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:42:38 GMT 2024