Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot open Perspective "Database Development" despite plugin installed
Cannot open Perspective "Database Development" despite plugin installed [message #1858247] Fri, 24 March 2023 10:03 Go to next message
Tilman Scheffel is currently offline Tilman ScheffelFriend
Hello everyone,

in my programming module we have to use eclipse for connecting to a virtual mySQL database. First step of our manual is installing the "Database Development-Plugins" which, I assume, should be the software I took a screenshot of (see attachments).

However, when I want to open this perspective via "Windows" - "Perspective" - "Open Perspective" - "Other" I cannot find it.

As I said, the plugin is installed. What am I doing wrong?

I could not find existing thread with this problems because, as it seems, this only happened to other users, when they did not install the plugin.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot open Perspective "Database Development" despite plugin installed [message #1858259 is a reply to message #1858247] Sat, 25 March 2023 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This looks very old. Are you sure it's supposed to provide a perspective? I doubt anyone here can answer questions about it. I wonder if there are problems in the Error Log view for things that might be failing to start. The only link I could find where you might ask a question is here:

https://github.com/alanmehio/eclipse-plugin-hsqldb-server/issues

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Cannot open Perspective "Database Development" despite plugin installed [message #1858273 is a reply to message #1858259] Sun, 26 March 2023 13:36 Go to previous message
Tilman Scheffel is currently offline Tilman ScheffelFriend
Thank you so much. Yes, according to my fellow students, that should be the only plugin required. But it looks as if I have to ask again.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 March 2023 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Can't install Eclipse CVS Client plug-in on Eclipse 2021-09.
Next Topic:MySQL drivers error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:07:54 GMT 2024