Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot create CDS view for "Data Definition"(No wizard being prompted from: ABAP "Data Definition" to enable its creation)
Cannot create CDS view for "Data Definition" [message #1856801] Tue, 03 January 2023 11:51 Go to next message
Chris M. is currently offline Chris M.Friend
Hello,

When trying to create a new: ABAP "Data Definition" CDS view, I get the following message of error and cannot proceed to its creation:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
Cannot invoke "org.eclipse.core.resources.IProject.getAdapter(java.lang.Class)" because the return value of "com.sap.adt.cds.ddl.ui.internal.wizards.newddl.NewDdlSourceWizard.getProject()" is null

Can you please advise what needs to be updated or enabled so that I can proceed further?

Thanks - Chris
Re: Cannot create CDS view for "Data Definition" [message #1856813 is a reply to message #1856801] Wed, 04 January 2023 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You'll need to ask the provider. But I don't know exactly what you've installed. One of these?

https://marketplace.eclipse.org/search/site/ABAP

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Cannot create CDS view for "Data Definition" [message #1856816 is a reply to message #1856813] Wed, 04 January 2023 09:01 Go to previous message
Chris M. is currently offline Chris M.Friend
Hello Ed.

I will close ticket because in fact you simply not create a CDS "Data Definition" if you have not previously created your ABAP project.
As simple as that.

Kind regards,

Chris.
Previous Topic:Accessing objects of the IDE
Next Topic:eclipse fails to start after windows laptop restart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:44:39 GMT 2024