Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Do not populate Diagrams
Do not populate Diagrams [message #1855065] Tue, 27 September 2022 11:44 Go to next message
Ludovic Stumme is currently offline Ludovic StummeFriend
Hello everyone,

By default, when it is created, a diagram tries to display all the data of the container it represents. For example, in the Sirius tutorials, a new family representation diagram will display all family members.

However, in some situations, this behavior is not the desired one. Also, I would like to know how to configure the Diagram objects so that these are empty when they are created and that the added objects are added to the collection of objects (Addition of members of a family for example).

Thank you for your answers.
Re: Do not populate Diagrams [message #1855069 is a reply to message #1855065] Tue, 27 September 2022 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK.
By searching on this forum I was able to find the beginning of an answer which compared to a configuration of Nodes or Containers. (Advanced / Not Synchronized).
But suddenly this makes me ask another question: what are the differences between Not Synchronized / Unsynchronizable / Synchronized ....

Thank you for your answers.
Re: Do not populate Diagrams [message #1855078 is a reply to message #1855069] Tue, 27 September 2022 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend

• Synchronized: Sirius will automatically create graphical elements for all matching semantic candidates (and remove the ones that become obsolete as the model changes).
  • Not Synchronized: Sirius will never create these graphical elements automatically; you need to explicitly create them from your tools using the "Create View" operation. Once a view is created, it is kept stable on the diagram until either the corresponding semantic element disappears (or does not match the mapping's criteria) or the view itself is removed (using the "Delete from Diagram" operation or the "Delete View" operation invoked from a tool.
  • Unsynchronizable: either of the above, depending on the user-controlled, per-diagram choice (available in the context menu of the diagram's background).

"Not Synchronized" is probably what you want for "blank" diagrams where the user decides which of the existing model elements are made visible. Note that you may not want all your mappings to be unsynchronized. A common pattern is to make node mappings unsynchronized but keep (most) edge mappings synchronized, so that the edges between element are automatically created as soon as both their source and target elements are visible.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2022 19:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Do not populate Diagrams [message #1855097 is a reply to message #1855078] Wed, 28 September 2022 12:38 Go to previous message
Thank you for these explanations. It's clearer now. Indeed, by selecting the Not Synchonized option my new diagram is not initialized. This effectively allows me to represent a concept under several distinct diagrams.

The problem is that now I am trying to create a big picture of this same concept by concatenating all the objects contained in the different diagrams.

Naively, I tried to drag the objects from the project explorer but without success.

I think I need to do somthing in the Drop Description property or something else but have no idea how to do it...

Any further help would be appreciated :)
Previous Topic:Using Sirius table to create element
Next Topic:Svg background color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:09:45 GMT 2024