Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Proposals » OSGi Enterprise Tools » Kura bundles Start Levels(Change bundles start level from configuration)
Kura bundles Start Levels [message #1854198] Fri, 05 August 2022 13:20 Go to next message
Mauro Borrazzo is currently offline Mauro BorrazzoFriend
Hello everyone!
I'm developing an application using Kura framework and I have  different OSGi bundles, which some of them depend on others. More specifically, I need some of the bundles to start before than others. I was searching for a way to set the bundles' start levels using configuration files or Eclipse built-in configuration, and I came across this guide eclipsesource.com/de/blogs/2009/06/10/osgi-and-start-levels/, which seems very interesting and helpful.
What I would like to try is the section named "Product Definitions", at the bottom of the page, which describes a way to specify start level information via the Eclipse Configuration page to generate proper p2 metadata so that bundles will have the right start level information at deploying time.
I've been searching this configuration page everywhere in Eclipse, not being able to find it.
Can someone suggest me how to do that? Also, I would like to know if there is a more efficient way to achieve what I'm trying to do.
 Thank you everyone in advance!

Re: Kura bundles Start Levels [message #1861413 is a reply to message #1854198] Wed, 11 October 2023 18:18 Go to previous message
Jack Jones is currently offline Jack JonesFriend
The Eclipse Configuration page you mentioned may not be available in newer versions of Eclipse.
Previous Topic:Upgrading org.eclipse.osgi jar
Next Topic:Help with understanding OSGi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:56:47 GMT 2024