Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » quotes and brackets: unwished auto-completion
quotes and brackets: unwished auto-completion [message #1854079] Sun, 31 July 2022 19:55 Go to next message
Momo Rosaroja is currently offline Momo RosarojaFriend
Hi,

I notice that Eclipse has an auto-completion-mechanism wish automatically adds a closing bracket when I write an opening bracket, same for quotes. This may be helpful at some times, but tends to be very annoying, because if not, I have to delete those auto-completions manually.
Example:

var a = test;

I want to add quotes and end up with this:

var a = ""test""

Please, can anyone tell me how to turn this off? And, what is the meaning of this mechanism? I find it hard to believe that anyone seriously wants such a behaviour.

Thx,

Momo
Re: quotes and brackets: unwished auto-completion [message #1854081 is a reply to message #1854079] Mon, 01 August 2022 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I think that's either https://github.com/eclipse/wildwebdeveloper/issues/655 or https://github.com/eclipse/wildwebdeveloper/issues/544. Preferences for it aren't set using the same conventions as most other editors in Eclipse.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2022 03:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: quotes and brackets: unwished auto-completion [message #1854135 is a reply to message #1854081] Wed, 03 August 2022 05:33 Go to previous message
Momo Rosaroja is currently offline Momo RosarojaFriend
The solution offered in the first link does not work, the second link does not offer an solution. Seems that almost nobody cares about this problem... but thanks anyway!
Previous Topic:just editor
Next Topic:How to Recover Deleted Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:17:14 GMT 2024