Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Documentation on the DiagramCreationTool in the Viewpoint Specification Editor
Documentation on the DiagramCreationTool in the Viewpoint Specification Editor [message #1854059] Fri, 29 July 2022 22:27 Go to next message
Jonathan Menzies is currently offline Jonathan MenziesFriend
Hey there,

I'm trying to create a new diagram representation by right clicking on a node, creating the appropriate root object and then creating the diagram.

Previously we've done this with an operation and then using change context, which causes some issues like the existing diagram not refreshing all of the nodes etc.

index.php/fa/42356/0/

So here I want to use the change context or some operation to create the object and then create the diagram based on that object, is this possible ?

Also if you have some documentation for the Viewpoint Specification Editor that would be great. We've managed to get a lot working just through change contexts but I get the feeling this isn't really the way we should be doing things as it often causes problems.

Cheers!
Jonathan
Re: Documentation on the DiagramCreationTool in the Viewpoint Specification Editor [message #1854060 is a reply to message #1854059] Fri, 29 July 2022 23:43 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Why do you need to create a root object before creating the diagram?

The way I picture it, in your .odesign specification file, you can have a first Diagram Description (DD1), with domain class EClass1. This Diagram Description has a Node Mapping with domain class EClass2.
You also have a second Diagram Description (DD2), with domain class EClass2 this time.
Then, to be able to navigate from the first Diagram Description (DD1) to the second Diagram Description (DD2) by right clicking on a node representing EClass2, you indeed need a Diagram Creation tool. However, this way you do not need to create some root element. In your Diagram Creation tool, you only need to fill in the mapping field (the Node Mapping from the first Diagram Description (DD1)) and the Diagram Description field (the second Diagram Description (DD2)).

Concerning the documentation for the Viewpoint Specification Editor, it is the Sirius Specifier Manuel and everything under it, here: https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Sirius Web automatic layout
Next Topic:Sync font styling for all nodes in a container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:22:33 GMT 2024