Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Acceleo 4.0.0 ?(roadmap?)
Acceleo 4.0.0 ? [message #1854022] Thu, 28 July 2022 10:23 Go to next message
pere joseph rodríguez is currently offline pere joseph rodríguezFriend
Hi,
some time ago I pushed to Acceleo Gerrit some changes, that enabled dynamic polyformism and overriding for templates and queries. (Dynamic in the sense that you just run with the overriding template in the classpath, and actually detects it, instead of having to modify your MTL files as by now). ( https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/acceleo/org.eclipse.acceleo/+/153035/ )

In the moment I publised the change the version for which I made the changes was not the lastest, but at somepoint if I could have more time, would like to move to the master release, and I have seen in the git repo that there is a new 4.0.0 version tag with a big refactor.

How can I get more info on this version?
Is there a roadmap?
Is it worth I try to apply my changes to the lastest version 3 branches?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Acceleo 4.0.0 ? [message #1854035 is a reply to message #1854022] Thu, 28 July 2022 18:18 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Pending an answer from the team. I think you must make your own judgement...

There is clearly enough work to merit a 4.00M2 tag that one might have expected to turn into a 4.0.0 release by now. but...

... there has been no commit on the master branch for over a year. There have been a few commits to establish 3.7.11 also over a year ago.

Perhaps team priorities have evolved.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Acceleo getValue problem with port metaclass
Next Topic:using a map/dictionary data structure with Acceleo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:20:33 GMT 2024