Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Does Dark Theme Override ALL Text Editor Background Colors?
Does Dark Theme Override ALL Text Editor Background Colors? [message #1854002] Wed, 27 July 2022 12:17 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
I can't set the text editor background color when Dark Theme is selected in 2021-06.

It appears to work, until I close the preferences and then Dark Theme overrides whatever I've selected and puts in its dark grey color. The only thing that changes is the line number column/gutter. Exiting preferences with Cancel or Apply and Close have the same effect.

I have altered every single color in every single preference that has the word 'background' and NONE of them work in Dark Theme. They all appear to work until the preference window is closed then they get overriden.

In Light Theme, it honors my preference choice.

Multiple Google searches have led me down rat holes of installing external theming... but should not the basics work? Eclipse Color Theme is ancient - 8 years old. DevStyle feels like it takes over Eclipse.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2022 12:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Does Dark Theme Override ALL Text Editor Background Colors? [message #1854011 is a reply to message #1854002] Wed, 27 July 2022 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Perhaps try asking here because I don't think the people with potential answers read the questions here:

https://github.com/eclipse-platform/.github/discussions

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Does Dark Theme Override ALL Text Editor Background Colors? [message #1854066 is a reply to message #1854011] Sat, 30 July 2022 14:08 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
This is bug 559321.
Previous Topic:Eclipse crashes since I tried to install Scala
Next Topic:just editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:17:28 GMT 2024