Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to NOT display a widget?
How to NOT display a widget? [message #1853537] Thu, 07 July 2022 07:54 Go to next message
Namea lasta is currently offline Namea lastaFriend
Hello,
I could like to make a widget under a group/properties, BUT I don't want it to be Displayed.
Using 'Is Enabled" makes it not clickable, fair, but is there another option to make it "invisible" all together?

Thanks
Re: How to NOT display a widget? [message #1853550 is a reply to message #1853537] Thu, 07 July 2022 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
You can avoid the creation of the widget by (ab)using the "Dynamic For" operation with a single "If" inside to test if the widget should be created or not (see https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/properties/Properties_View_Description.html#dynamic_mappings), but there is no way to create a widget that will not be displayed.

index.php/fa/42284/0/

What is your use case for creating a widget that will not be visible to the user?

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: How to NOT display a widget? [message #1853559 is a reply to message #1853550] Thu, 07 July 2022 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks so much! I will try this later during next week probably, and give feedback. Thanks
Re: How to NOT display a widget? [message #1853652 is a reply to message #1853559] Tue, 12 July 2022 12:58 Go to previous message
Ok here is my feedback:
It does indeed work BUT unfortunately, the widgets seem to be made only at the moment you select the element of your model? Meaning that changing the value of the IF would not make the widget dissapear until you unselect your EMF element and select it again. Am I right?

While aql requests are instantatenous, creating widget/not creating them is not, so it is not always useful, at least not to the extend I was imagining.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2022 13:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Edition Table Description breaking into multiple lines whenever a cell contains linebreaks
Next Topic:Set element to readonly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:52:26 GMT 2024