Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Upgrade from Zend Studio 13.6
Upgrade from Zend Studio 13.6 [message #1853530] Wed, 06 July 2022 16:19 Go to next message
Brad Waite is currently offline Brad WaiteFriend
I'm a long-time user of Zend Studio, but am considering an upgrade to a newer Eclipse PDT.

Are there any Zend Studio features I'd be giving up to move to the non-proprietary PDT? I seem to recall when it first came out that code refactoring and some debugging features were unique to ZS, but it's been 5 years since the update to 13.6.1, and I'm hoping I can retain all the existing functionality, and get all the new goodies.

Would all of my projects and preferences migrate to the new Eclipse?

What is the recommended procedure to upgrade to Eclipse 2022-06, specifically from Zend Studio? When I add the latest Eclipse repo to the Available Software sites, tick the Eclipse Platform boxes (there's two of them), it reports, "Cannot perform operation".
Re: Upgrade from Zend Studio 13.6 [message #1853532 is a reply to message #1853530] Wed, 06 July 2022 23:40 Go to previous message
Brad Waite is currently offline Brad WaiteFriend
I let it keep grinding and it came up with the option to uninstall Zend Studio and install Eclipse 2022-06. After completing that, Eclipse was installed in the Zend Studio directory, but appears to work. A bit of fidgeting with setting and updates afterwards, and it looks like I'm in business.

I still am curious if the current PDT is lacking anything that was in Studio. I no longer have the option to create new Zend Framework projects/classes/etc, but I believe those were all ZF1 anyway.
Previous Topic:Step back in debugger
Next Topic:Need Some Help Regarding Setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:59:03 GMT 2024