Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions(Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions, which may be the method name or the position defined by the variable. When I press ctrl+c again, it will not reappear.)
Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions [message #1853389] Thu, 30 June 2022 09:53 Go to next message
haifu peng is currently offline haifu pengFriend
Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions, which may be the method name or the position defined by the variable. When I press ctrl+c again, it will not reappear.

What should I do?

eclipse version: Eclipse 2020-06-R
File type of the action: *.java

I was trying to copy a piece of code
The moment when the shortcut key is pressed
The focus jumped to an unexpected position
I tried to make this strange operation reappear
But as long as I meant it to appear again, it never appeared again

[Updated on: Thu, 30 June 2022 14:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions [message #1853401 is a reply to message #1853389] Thu, 30 June 2022 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I think you need to add a lot of context, such as which version of Eclipse you're using, which editor you are in, and what you were doing at the
time. Ctrl+C is typically a keybinding for the Copy command.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions [message #1853421 is a reply to message #1853401] Fri, 01 July 2022 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
This is Eclipse bug 82904.

How did you make the selection of the text to copy? Double-click on a word? If so, I think my guess in comment 32 might be worth investigating further.
Re: Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions [message #1853437 is a reply to message #1853421] Fri, 01 July 2022 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that's right.
This problem has troubled me for a long time. I believe many people have also encountered this problem, but this problem has not been solved so far.
Re: Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions [message #1853438 is a reply to message #1853421] Fri, 01 July 2022 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But whenever I deliberately let the problem reappear
This bug did not reappear

But my friends often encounter this problem, which makes me feel that this problem is worthy of further investigation
Re: Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions [message #1853439 is a reply to message #1853421] Fri, 01 July 2022 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thing makes me more convinced that this is a bug
I haven't appeared this on any other IDE
Re: Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions [message #1853445 is a reply to message #1853421] Sat, 02 July 2022 02:02 Go to previous message
Although I can't intentionally reproduce this problem
But my subconscious told me I didn't make any mistakes
Besides, I have never encountered this problem when operating other software, but it often occurs on eclipse
Previous Topic:Unable to connect to Azure SQL database from Eclipse
Next Topic:This error pops up whenever I press alt+/
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:17:48 GMT 2024