Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » C / C++ IDE (CDT) discussions are now on GitHub(Forum use has moved to https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt/discussions . Posts created here are likely to go unanswered.)
C / C++ IDE (CDT) discussions are now on GitHub [message #1853343] Tue, 28 June 2022 14:46 Go to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
(Update - 9 Nov 2022)

The discussions page on https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt/discussions is up and running now. I encourage new discussions to happen there, but we won't shut down this forum. This forum is a user to user forum for Eclipse CDT.

If you want to reach the developers of Eclipse CDT or have any bug reports to make, please reach out on GitHub, either by starting a discussion or raising an issue.

The Eclipse Foundation at some point may shutdown this discussion forum. Please follow their tracking issue for more information.

(Original message from 28 June 2022)

Hello Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) users.

As some of you may know already the Eclipse Foundation has been looking for a replacement for forums for a while. At the moment there is no shutdown date for it. The Eclipse CDT project is in the process of migrating its git repo and issue tracking to GitHub.

The project maintainers/committers of Eclipse CDT think this is a good time and opportunity to start using GitHub discussions for Eclipse CDT and we have published a proposal and timeline. Please feel free to comment and provide your input.

Thank you,
Jonah Graham
Eclipse CDT Project Lead.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 July 2023 15:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1853544 is a reply to message #1853343] Thu, 07 July 2022 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tepalia02 02 is currently offline tepalia02 02Friend
Hi, will this forum exist in the near future? Are you planning to shut down this one?
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1853548 is a reply to message #1853544] Thu, 07 July 2022 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I don't know the time line on shutting down this forum, but we plan to start using github discussions in the very near future. Please see my OP and the links in it for more details.
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1853843 is a reply to message #1853548] Tue, 19 July 2022 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Jonah Graham wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 16:29
Hi, I don't know the time line on shutting down this forum, but we plan to start using github discussions in the very near future. Please see my OP and the links in it for more details.

Would you please include instructions how to access the new forum location.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1853850 is a reply to message #1853843] Tue, 19 July 2022 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Thanks for asking. Once the switch has been made, and the new GitHub discussions is up and running I will add a post here about that. For now I am collecting feedback to make sure that everyone is aware of the upcoming change.
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1854175 is a reply to message #1853850] Thu, 04 August 2022 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The new Discussions page on GitHub is now up and running here: https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt/discussions

In the coming weeks I expect that this forum will be made read-only (or similar) and I will create a new pinned topic at that time. In the meantime please provide any feedback you have on the GitHub discussions and how to make them most useful.
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1854724 is a reply to message #1854175] Sun, 04 September 2022 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kent Dorfman is currently offline Kent DorfmanFriend
I have no desire for a public github account. I guess that leaves me out?
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1854750 is a reply to message #1854724] Wed, 07 September 2022 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cristelle AMELDA is currently offline cristelle AMELDAFriend
Hello I would like to know too
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1855322 is a reply to message #1853544] Fri, 07 October 2022 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juanito perez is currently offline juanito perezFriend
I think if it ain't broken, don't fix it. This forum works fine as far as I can say.
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1855518 is a reply to message #1855322] Wed, 19 October 2022 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John McCabe is currently offline John McCabeFriend
What's the current status? I've just followed the link, and there's 1 discussion there, whereas there have been a load of discussions started on here since the link was posted.
Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1855914 is a reply to message #1855518] Wed, 09 November 2022 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
> What's the current status? I've just followed the link, and there's 1 discussion there, whereas there have been a load of discussions started on here since the link was posted.

Sorry - I stopped getting notifications about this topic. There have been lots of discussions here, although the Eclipse Foundation will be shutting down the forums at some point. These forums are not monitored or used by the people who develop Eclipse CDT, but is a community forum only at this point. If you have a bug, issue or question that you want seen by the Eclipse CDT developers, please post them on GitHub.

Re: Future of Eclipse Forum for C / C++ IDE (CDT) [message #1857555 is a reply to message #1855914] Wed, 15 February 2023 04:49 Go to previous message
Kent Dorfman is currently offline Kent DorfmanFriend
well, I have no intention of creating an account over there...so so long and thanks for all the fish.
Previous Topic:How can static polymorphic objects be stored in a vector?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:36:18 GMT 2024