Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Account lockouts(AD account gets locked out)
Account lockouts [message #1852866] Wed, 08 June 2022 21:54 Go to next message
Jozef Vandenmooter is currently offline Jozef VandenmooterFriend
We are facing a problem that may force us to abandon Eclipse as an IDE.

The developers are running Eclipse with the ClearTeam Explorer plugin. For some unknown reason, their Active Directory account gets locked out several times a day. while working in the J2EE perspecitive. Something in Eclipse must be authenticating against the domain (or possibly the Web proxy) using incorrect credentials.

I thought it was caused by the userid/password settings under Proxy, but those are correct. Their setup is pretty plain-vanilla. In addition to the (latest and greatest) CTE plugin (9.0.2.5), they only have JBoss 4.23.0. plugin installed.

Please give me some ideas on how to troubleshoot this. Where does Eclipse store userid/password info? Maybe some password store still contains an old password?

When the lockouts happen, I do see a string of messages like the following in the .log file:

!ENTRY org.fusesource.ide.foundation.core 4 0 2022-06-07 15:34:21.362
!MESSAGE Unable to retrieve the mapping from online repo. Falling back to defaults.
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.1 407 authenticationrequired"

But I think those are the result of the account being locked out already at that point.

Thanks,

Jozef

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2022 21:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Account lockouts [message #1852869 is a reply to message #1852866] Thu, 09 June 2022 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

org.fusesource.ide.foundation.core makes it look like something to report through the JBoss bug system.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Account lockouts [message #1852883 is a reply to message #1852869] Thu, 09 June 2022 13:48 Go to previous message
Jozef Vandenmooter is currently offline Jozef VandenmooterFriend
Thanks Nitin! I'm going to open a ticket with Red Hat.
Previous Topic:Jgit API to check the status of a file in Git Remote
Next Topic:Can I install a second copy of Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:17:49 GMT 2024