Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can I install a second copy of Eclipse?(Pure Sh*T)
Can I install a second copy of Eclipse? [message #1852857] Wed, 08 June 2022 14:07 Go to next message
Charles Elliott is currently offline Charles ElliottFriend
I use Eclipse for Java program development, and it works well. However, for some reason, the URI for Eclipse in the Task Manager Command Line display is
C:\Users\UserName\eclipse\java-latest-released\eclipse\eclipse.exe. I want to install a second copy of Eclipse in my Windows 8.1 system to try to get the Wolfram (Mathematica) Workbench to run, and I do not want to confuse it with the existing Java development setup. Please tell me how I can install a second copy of Eclipse.
Re: Can I install a second copy of Eclipse? [message #1852859 is a reply to message #1852857] Wed, 08 June 2022 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
When you install, the installation folder is displayed on the second page, e.g., C:\Users\<you>\eclipse\java-latest-released2 and that 2 (or N) is added to make sure you don't overwrite an existing installation. Of course you can install to any writable location and yes, you can create any number of installation; I have almost 40.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Can I install a second copy of Eclipse? [message #1852884 is a reply to message #1852859] Thu, 09 June 2022 14:00 Go to previous message
Charles Elliott is currently offline Charles ElliottFriend
Thank you very much for your help and your prompt reply.
Previous Topic:Account lockouts
Next Topic:Browsing search results is not synced (Linked) to Project Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:17:28 GMT 2024