Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » File Property Set & Read API in Jgit equivalent to SVN's SvnSetProperty(Do we have any API in Jgit equivalent to SVN's SvnSetProperty)
File Property Set & Read API in Jgit equivalent to SVN's SvnSetProperty [message #1852830] Tue, 07 June 2022 05:43 Go to next message
Pratap Meka is currently offline Pratap MekaFriend
Hi Team,

We are trying to implement the Property setting and reading for a file in GitHub using Jgit API, similar to what we have in SVN (SvnSetProperty API). I am not able to find the API/solution for the same. Can you please let me know if there is any API equivalent to SVN's SvnSetProperty ?

Any help is appreciated in this regards.

Thanks,
M Pratap
Re: File Property Set & Read API in Jgit equivalent to SVN's SvnSetProperty [message #1852843 is a reply to message #1852830] Tue, 07 June 2022 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
No, there is no such thing. Git is not SVN.

It's been decades since I last used SVN, but here's a quick list of some equivalents I can think of:

• svn:executable - set the executable bit in the git index entry, then commit
  • svn:mime-type - doesn't exist; use .gitattributes to define text/binary and diff behavior
  • svn:ignore - no direct equivalent; use .gitignore
  • svn:eol-style - no direct equivelant, use .gitattributes to define eol handling on check-out/check-in
  • svn:special - git supports symlinks in the index and in commits
  • svn:keywords - not supported in git; limited support via clean/smudge filters
  • svn:author, svn:date, svn:log - part of a commit in git
  • custom properties - not supported

Re: File Property Set & Read API in Jgit equivalent to SVN's SvnSetProperty [message #1852873 is a reply to message #1852843] Thu, 09 June 2022 07:41 Go to previous message
Pratap Meka is currently offline Pratap MekaFriend
Thank You
Previous Topic:Feature Wish: more descriptive Information instead of "Ours"/"Theirs"
Next Topic:jgit.sh in a Window Command Prompt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:28:18 GMT 2024