Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Prolog won't run & Installing JavaFX for Microsoft OpenJDK(Prolog source file won't run and Microsoft OpenJDK)
Prolog won't run & Installing JavaFX for Microsoft OpenJDK [message #1852563] Tue, 24 May 2022 01:38 Go to next message
andrew goh is currently offline andrew gohFriend
Hi, I have trouble running a Prolog HelloWorld.pro file - write('Hello World'). The interpreter has been set as xsb.exe. But on clicking the run command, a dialog box shows "The selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launchers" is shown. What can I do?

Secondly, I need to know the exact steps on installing JavaFX for my Java JDK which is Microsoft OpenJDK. Where do I install the JavaFX distribution, inside the Microsoft OpenJDK folder or in a separate directory by itself such as C:\JavaFX?

Any assistance will be appreciated.
Re: Prolog won't run & Installing JavaFX for Microsoft OpenJDK [message #1852564 is a reply to message #1852563] Tue, 24 May 2022 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Andrew, as Ed answered a month ago, no project at Eclipse.org offers tools for Prolog. Whomever does provide
the tools you're using should have their own support forum, or mailing list, that would be better suited to help.

As for where to install JavaFX, https://openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/#IDE-Eclipse implies that you should not unpack or install
it over your OpenJDK installation.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2022 02:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Prolog won't run & Installing JavaFX for Microsoft OpenJDK [message #1852571 is a reply to message #1852564] Tue, 24 May 2022 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew goh is currently offline andrew gohFriend
Nitin, Please , could you can point me to the Prolog Forum. I don't seem to find it.
Re: Prolog won't run & Installing JavaFX for Microsoft OpenJDK [message #1852575 is a reply to message #1852571] Tue, 24 May 2022 15:20 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I don't think you've cleared up which tools you're using to help narrow that down, but regardless, I'd be at the mercy of the same search engines you would use.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:couldnt create the view eclipse plugin
Next Topic:Unable to read repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:51:04 GMT 2024