Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Marvin Jar file problem(Problem when trying to edit the program from another folder)
Marvin Jar file problem [message #1852409] Sat, 14 May 2022 19:33 Go to next message
Leonte Gabriel is currently offline Leonte GabrielFriend
I'll keep it short.
I have a project in eclipse using Marvin, the Marvin's jar is added correctly in the build path, classpath.
The problem is, whenever me or someone else exports the project from github and open it in eclipse they have to edit Marvin's Jar path in classpath or to re add it.
I tried to search everywhere for a solution.
Is there one? I don't know. Something like:
new File("src/file.txt")
And then using file.getAbsolutePath() and getting the entire path including the directory (D:\project\src\file.txt)
Re: Marvin Jar file problem [message #1852432 is a reply to message #1852409] Mon, 16 May 2022 11:26 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
It is usually a good idea to also commit IDE-specific project settings with your code. That way anyone checking out the project does get all the settings needed.

What is "Marvin"? I only know "Maven".

In your case, people should probable import the projects into Eclipse as Maven projects. Easiest would be: clone the github repository (probably you already did so). Open the "Git Repositories" view, choose "Import Projects..." from the context menu. Or alternatively type "Ctrl-3" (or "Cmd-3" on a Mac), enter "Import project", select "Import (Projects from git (with smart import))", then select the cloned repository. (If you already have the projects in Eclipse but with wrong setups, remove them from Eclipse (but not from disk!) first.)
Previous Topic:How to do the front-end and back-end of a Java application in Eclipse IDE?
Next Topic:jax-ws-3.0.0 maven build failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:44:56 GMT 2024