Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to save the value of a checkbox? (Sirius Specifier)
How to save the value of a checkbox? (Sirius Specifier) [message #1852293] Mon, 09 May 2022 09:12 Go to next message
Namea lasta is currently offline Namea lastaFriend
Hello,
I added 2-3 checkboxes to my object in my model (a Capella object for instance):

- Fully Decomposed
- Functions described
- Functions described 2
(Check the Image)

__
When trying to describe the behaviour happening when clicking one of the checkboxes, I am trying three methods:

1) Using SET
2) using LET
3) Using Both.

With "Set", i need an already existing feature to be able to set a new value in something (a feature).
--> Is it NECESSARY to create a new Feature in order to be able to save a checkbox value?
When i insert a random feature name as a value in the SET, clicking on the checkbox would do nothing (the checkbox is not checked).

With "Let", clicking on the checkbox make the checkbox "CHECKED", but as soon as i leave the object properties page, the initial value of the checkbox (uncheked) goes back to normal. It is not saved.
--> My experience with AQL showed me that "let" let you create temporary variables, so I figured the variable is deleted as soon as I am clicking elsewhere.

I figured i should create a variable "LET" then try to save it somehow with "SET"
However, i don't have any corresponding existing feature to store it.
--> Is it NECESSARY to create a new Feature in order to be able to save a checkbox value?
If so, how could that be done with a Sirius Specifier?

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2022 10:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to save the value of a checkbox? (Sirius Specifier) [message #1852332 is a reply to message #1852293] Wed, 11 May 2022 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is most "LONELY VIBE giving" forum i have seen, 2192 views in 47h20 ==> 46 views per hour

Yet --> 0 answer.
Re: How to save the value of a checkbox? (Sirius Specifier) [message #1852448 is a reply to message #1852332] Mon, 16 May 2022 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
> I added 2-3 checkboxes to my object in my model (a Capella object for instance):

Not really. You added checkbox widgets to the properties view defined in Sirius.
The properties view, like everything defined in Sirius, does *not* augment the underlying metamodel, they only provide graphical ways to dissplay and edit *existing* properties of the underlying objects.
You can add all the checkboxes you want on the Sirius side, if there is no corresponding attribute in the underlying metamodel (here the Capella metamodel), they do not correspond to any actual model state, so there is nothing to save.

> --> Is it NECESSARY to create a new Feature in order to be able to save a checkbox value?

Correct. Sirius's role is to provide easily configurable representations of existing models. But it's not the correct tool if what you need is to define and/or extend the underlying domain model.

As already mentioned [url=https://forum.mbse-capella.org/t/in-search-for-item-properties-accessing-items-properties/5409/4]here[/here], if you want to add new attributes to Capella objects without modifying/extending/forking the Capella metamodel, that's what the PVMT add-on is for.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: How to save the value of a checkbox? (Sirius Specifier) [message #1852459 is a reply to message #1852448] Tue, 17 May 2022 08:18 Go to previous message
Hello,
Thanks for your answer!
Yes indeed, it is what I started to figure out little by little, an actual attribute had to be made.
However i Hoped that SIRIUS specifier would be able to allow making with features such as "LET" or create instance, (let being temporaty it does not work, and create instance is not available in the property view description)
___

Yes PVMT can do it, but it cannot be automated, an attribute has to be made manually for each capella element of interest. I would have prefered to automate that.
I am still working on it, and exploring other options.

This forum is so populated but very little people sample participate it is so strange, i thank you for your answer.
Previous Topic:[Sirius Web] Grouping Node/Edge creation buttons
Next Topic:Close dialog box from Control Buttons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:56:04 GMT 2024