Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Illegal virtual folder names?(Certain virtual folder names in my project get "barred")
Illegal virtual folder names? [message #1852231] Thu, 05 May 2022 13:49 Go to next message
Philip Keller is currently offline Philip KellerFriend
I have created a CDT managed-build project with a list of virtual folders. Certain folder icons are "barred", which apparently means the enclosed files are excluded from the build (see Stand-alone Debugger User Guide > References > C/C++ Views and Editors). A sample is attached:index.php/fa/42044/0/

I was able to circumvent the problem by renaming the virtual folders. In fact, I found that the name I wanted, preceded by "_", usually seemed to work. But the behavior is very capricious, and sometimes I managed to game the system by using a name starting with "__" and then deleting the first "_".

Does anyone know what is happening to me? Thanks in avance!
Re: Illegal virtual folder names? [message #1852911 is a reply to message #1852231] Fri, 10 June 2022 12:35 Go to previous message
Philip Keller is currently offline Philip KellerFriend
I think I figured out what was happening. I was converting a project that had already been compiled to use Virtual Folders, so I think the output folder (e.g. ${ProjDirPath}/Debug) already had subfolders with the names I was trying to create.
Previous Topic:cmake options configuration
Next Topic:pinMode PWM: Unable to do this when using /dev/gpiomem. Try sudo?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:06:23 GMT 2024