Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Deriving a property value from another derived property using OCL
Deriving a property value from another derived property using OCL [message #1852107] Fri, 29 April 2022 11:42 Go to next message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
I am trying to derive a property value from another derived property value using OCLinEcore, but it does not seem to work.

An example: (meaningless, but reproduces the problem)
I have a class called Calculator. The class has one property 'inputNum' of user input Edouble. I then want to have a derived 'inputNum1' which adds 1 to the number. This one works. Then, I wish to have another derived 'inputNum2' which takes 'inputNum1' and adds 1. This does not work because 'inputNum1' is derived (if I use 'inputNum' instead, to calculate 'inputNum2', it does work).

Any advice?
Is this a bug/limitation of OCLinEcore?

Re: Deriving a property value from another derived property using OCL [message #1852118 is a reply to message #1852107] Fri, 29 April 2022 18:58 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

It works for me and with a variety of initial/derivation, derived, volatile settings.

Probably what you intended to do is not what you actually did, but since you don't share your model or EMF/OCL version so it is hard for anyone to check.

Regards

Ed Willink

Previous Topic:Compile stand-alone Java application containing JET-Templates outside of eclipse GUI
Next Topic:Broken link - ecp documentation tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:53:49 GMT 2024