Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to install JDK in zip format in Eclipse IDE(IDE expects a JAR file, so what to do with jdk.zip files?)
How to install JDK in zip format in Eclipse IDE [message #1852048] Wed, 27 April 2022 14:55 Go to next message
Gerardo Campos is currently offline Gerardo CamposFriend
Hi guys,

I just downloaded JDK 11 on Windows, and I got a zip file. I expanded the file, but as far as I can tell, there is no JAR file that comes in the bundle.

So, my problem is, when I try to include this JDK in the IDE (Window, Preferences, Java, Installed JREs, Add..., Standard VM, Next) and I provide the directory where this zip file was unpacked, I get an error saying no JAR file has been found ("Target is not a JDK Root. Java executable was not found").

I found some posts recommending to download the source files and provide these files instead, by clicking on "Source Attachments ..." but this button is disabled when I get to that window.

Now, I saw that Oracle is providing all its JDKs for Windows in zip format, so I figure I must not be the first person running into this problem. Can anybody help me on this? Do I need to do something in terms of Eclipse configuration/version? (I am using Version: 2019-09 R (4.13.0)
Build id: 20190917-1200)

Any help is highly appreciated, I am stuck on this issue :(
Re: How to install JDK in zip format in Eclipse IDE [message #1852057 is a reply to message #1852048] Thu, 28 April 2022 04:35 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What exactly did you download, and how did you unzip it?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse Plugin Issue
Next Topic:Colors resets on startup!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:58:50 GMT 2024