Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » [Sirius Web] Grouping Node/Edge creation buttons
[Sirius Web] Grouping Node/Edge creation buttons [message #1851807] Sun, 17 April 2022 18:21 Go to next message
Ain-Martin Kink is currently offline Ain-Martin KinkFriend
Hello,

I initiated the BPMN Demo (Demo 2 - Nobel BPMN) project in Sirius Web and I noticed when creating new Nodes/Edges the solution groups different objects that can be created:
index.php/fa/41936/0/

When initating my own project (with my own domain and view descriptions) I only get this selection and all the Node creation buttons will appear on drop down:
index.php/fa/41937/0/

Is there any way to group different types of Node/Edge creator buttons when defining my studio? That way the studio becomes more user friendly.

Re: [Sirius Web] Grouping Node/Edge creation buttons [message #1851827 is a reply to message #1851807] Tue, 19 April 2022 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

For BPMN (and other modelers which are defined using a Sirius Desktop odesign file), the grouping of tools is based on the concept of "Tool Section" (see https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/diagrams/Diagrams.html#tools_organization).
The view description DSL provided by Sirius Web does not yet support this concept, so for the moment it hard-codes the organization of the existing tools into 2 sections (one for node tools, one for edge tools).
Feel free to open a feature request on GitHub at https://github.com/eclipse-sirius/sirius-components/issues.

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: [Sirius Web] Grouping Node/Edge creation buttons [message #1852407 is a reply to message #1851807] Sat, 14 May 2022 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shakir fateh is currently offline shakir fatehFriend
Ain-Martin Kink wrote on Sun, 17 April 2022 18:21
Hello,

I initiated the BPMN Demo (Demo 2 - Nobel BPMN) project in Sirius Web and I noticed when creating new Nodes/Edges the solution groups different objects that can be created:
index.php/fa/41936/0/

When initating my own project (with my own domain and view descriptions) I only get this selection and all the Node creation buttons will appear on drop down:
index.php/fa/41937/0/

Is there any way to group different types of Node/Edge creator buttons when defining my studio? That way the studio becomes more user friendly.

Same question
Re: [Sirius Web] Grouping Node/Edge creation buttons [message #1852408 is a reply to message #1851807] Sat, 14 May 2022 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shakir fateh is currently offline shakir fatehFriend
Ain-Martin Kink wrote on Sun, 17 April 2022 18:21
Hello,

index.php/fa/41936/0/

index.php/fa/41937/0/

Re: [Sirius Web] Grouping Node/Edge creation buttons [message #1852450 is a reply to message #1852407] Mon, 16 May 2022 19:03 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
shakir fateh wrote on Sat, 14 May 2022 16:45

Same question

Which has already been answered.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Create path with element-based edges
Next Topic:How to save the value of a checkbox? (Sirius Specifier)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:39:39 GMT 2024