Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [Closed]What configuration do I choose to debug a java web application(Setting up eclipse for a java web application)
[Closed]What configuration do I choose to debug a java web application [message #1851626] Mon, 11 April 2022 12:52 Go to next message
Jim Anderson is currently offline Jim AndersonFriend
I'm running the Oxygen 1a Release (4.7.1.a) on a 64-bit PC, created from the following tarball:

eclipse-jee-oxygen-1a-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz

I have been running Eclipse for months to debug a java web application. My host crashed and my Eclipse directory got corrupted. I reinstalled Eclipse and brought it up and I am in the process of setting up the environment. My project has been installed. Then I tried to create a 'Debug Configuration" by selecting "Run--->Debug Confuguration..." from the top menu bar of the Eclipse window. The "Debug Configuration" window popped up. The left sub-window lists the following types of configurations:

Apache Tomcat
Eclipse Application
Eclipse Data Tools
Generic Server
HTTP Preview
J2EE Preview
Java Applet
Java Application
JUnit
Junit Plug-in Test
Launch Group

I thought that months ago, there was something like "Web JEE Project" in the selection.

Is my memory in error?

Assuming, the list is correct, which configuration type from the list above do I use for a Web JEE Project?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim A.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2022 15:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What configuration do I choose to debug a java web application [message #1851637 is a reply to message #1851626] Mon, 11 April 2022 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently online Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The Oxygen release is from 2017. Please use a newer one.

You would use the Run on Server action to debug your web application. The normal launch configuration setup is not flexible enough to support
deploying multiple projects at the same time to the same server instance, while letting you configure that server instance using persistent files
located in the Servers project.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: What configuration do I choose to debug a java web application [message #1851843 is a reply to message #1851637] Tue, 19 April 2022 15:39 Go to previous message
Jim Anderson is currently offline Jim AndersonFriend
Yes, it is time to upgrade. I don't like doing it very often because of the start up time to come up to speed on a new release, but it is definitely time to do so.

Jim A.
Previous Topic:Installation steps for installing eclipse on Citrix servers
Next Topic:Custom Configuration for Eclipse IDE for Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:45:49 GMT 2024