Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » [SOLVED] Profile and stereotypes are not applied in the "Intro to Profile" example
[SOLVED] Profile and stereotypes are not applied in the "Intro to Profile" example [message #1851540] Thu, 07 April 2022 22:45 Go to next message
Maxime Lecoq is currently offline Maxime LecoqFriend
Hi, I just launched the "Intro to Profile" example project created from the Eclipse wizard. The console seems to tell that everything was successfully generated.

But the "ExtendedPO2.uml" file doesn't show any profile and stereotype applications in the "Properties" view.

As an example, there is no "EReference" stereotype applied to the "pendingOrders" operation of the "Supplier" class although we have the following code in the project :
applyStereotype(pendingOrdersProperty, eReferenceStereotype);

What is going wrong?

Thank you.

index.php/fa/41875/0/

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2022 13:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Profile and stereotypes are not applied in the "Intro to Profile" example [message #1851543 is a reply to message #1851540] Fri, 08 April 2022 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If you look at /org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/ExtendedPOEcore.metamodel.uml you should see what you expect. Perhaps you have been confused by /org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/ExtendedPOEcoreBad.metamodel.uml or the unmodified original /org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/ExtendedPO2.uml

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Profile and stereotypes are not applied in the "Intro to Profile" example [message #1851545 is a reply to message #1851543] Fri, 08 April 2022 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ed,

I could not see any "ExtendedPOEcore.metamodel.uml" or "ExtendedPOEcoreBad.metamodel.uml" file in the folder of the "Intro to profile" example ("/org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/").

Thank you,

Maxime

index.php/fa/41876/0/

I'm using Eclipse Modeling Tools Version: 2021-12 (4.22.0) with UML2 version 5.5.2.v20210228-1829.
Re: Profile and stereotypes are not applied in the "Intro to Profile" example [message #1851552 is a reply to message #1851545] Fri, 08 April 2022 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

They are created the save calls when you successfully run /org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/src/org/eclipse/uml2/examples/introtoprofiles/IntroductionToUMLProfiles.java perhaps by launching /org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/IntroductionToUMLProfiles.launch

You might need to refresh the project to see them.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Profile and stereotypes are not applied in the "Intro to Profile" example [message #1851554 is a reply to message #1851552] Fri, 08 April 2022 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't see any of these files are saved in the "/org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/src/org/eclipse/uml2/examples/introtoprofiles/IntroductionToUMLProfiles.java" file (see attached file).

Even after refreshing the project (using F5 or the "File > Refresh" command"), these files do not show up.

I run the project using the Eclipse "Run" button.

index.php/fa/41879/0/
Re: Profile and stereotypes are not applied in the "Intro to Profile" example [message #1851556 is a reply to message #1851554] Fri, 08 April 2022 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Confusingly / fortuitously I was using my workspace in which I had developed better functionality for [1] that includes the saves that I referred to.

If you replace /org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/src/org/eclipse/uml2/examples/introtoprofiles/IntroductionToUMLProfiles.java with the attachment to the bug, you may have more success.

Regards

Ed Willink

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=569035
Re: Profile and stereotypes are not applied in the "Intro to Profile" example [message #1851563 is a reply to message #1851556] Fri, 08 April 2022 13:28 Go to previous message
Indeed, replacing the default "/org.eclipse.uml2.examples.introtoprofiles/src/org/eclipse/uml2/examples/introtoprofiles/IntroductionToUMLProfiles.java" file with the attachment to the bug solved the problem.

I'm attaching the corrected "IntroductionToUMLProfiles.java" file to this post.

Thank you Ed.
Previous Topic:UML 2.5.1
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Why a stereotype application breaks when the same profile is re-applied?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:51:09 GMT 2024