Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Edge creation maps multiple edges
Edge creation maps multiple edges [message #1851111] Mon, 28 March 2022 09:46
Tim Duncan is currently offline Tim DuncanFriend
Usually, I do not limit the type of source and target in the definition of edge creation, because this kind of information has been specified in the edge definition.

However, when edge creation maps multiple edges, I think Sirius will merge all sources of all edges to a set, and same thing for the targets. Then edge can be created between any two elements respectively from these two sets. It does not automatically constrain the source and target specified by a single edge.

This makes, when the end user performs the wrong type connection, i.e. none of the defined edges allow connection between these two types, the operation executes, although no line is displayed in the view, but silently records the connection in the .xml. Errors are introduced directly into the model and subsequent algorithms part, and once introduced, it is difficult to spot the problem.

Of course, I can provide multiple edge creations to solve this problem, but sometimes a single edge creation is more convenient for the end user. Similarly, I can also perform type restrictions in the operation of edge creation, but this duplicates the type information defined in edge.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2022 02:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Feature not found exception when trying to create node
Next Topic:Running Acceleo from within Sirius
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:11:58 GMT 2024