Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Feature not found exception when trying to create node
Feature not found exception when trying to create node [message #1850701] Mon, 14 March 2022 20:05 Go to next message
Atalay Özmen is currently offline Atalay ÖzmenFriend
Hello, I followed the tutorial and wanted to make a node creating tool. The first one I made worked, which is a ServiceDomain, but the second one where i try to create an Asset doesn't work. When I try to use my Asset creation tool nothing happens. The full error is this:

org.eclipse.sirius.ecore.extender.business.api.accessor.exception.FeatureNotFoundException: asset on org.eclipse.sirius.bankingelements.impl.BusinessScenarioImpl@5f38dc75 (name: null)

I attached my metamodel. I use BusinessScenario as my root node.
index.php/fa/41760/0/

Any help is appreciated.
  • Attachment: metamodel.PNG
    (Size: 20.95KB, Downloaded 382 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2022 05:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Feature not found exception when trying to create node [message #1850899 is a reply to message #1850701] Mon, 21 March 2022 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Based on the screenshot and the error, it looks like your tool is trying to add an Asset directly to a BusinessScenario instead of a ServiceDomain. My guess is that you have the node mapping for Asset at the same level as the node/container mapping for ServiceDomain so your tool has the wrong container type on execution.
If it is not the case, can you attach your odesign or a screenshot of the mappings, node creation tool and its model tasks?

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Feature not found exception when trying to create node [message #1850954 is a reply to message #1850899] Wed, 23 March 2022 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atalay Özmen is currently offline Atalay ÖzmenFriend
Yes, that was my problem. I thought I could do that and show all the elements in one diagram. I guess I cannot do that. Thank you for your answer.
Re: Feature not found exception when trying to create node [message #1850982 is a reply to message #1850954] Wed, 23 March 2022 21:53 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

You can indeed have your node mappings with the Domain class and no "semantic candidate expression" so Sirius will look for any element of that type in the resource to display them. However, as you can see for the creation tool the containment information is missing. You can have a more complicated tool where you would select on which container the element should be created but it is easier (and recommended) to have a proper hierarchy between mappings and have semantic candidate expressions set. These expressions do not need to follow exactly the features in your metamodel, it is just a way to navigate through your model. However, if you are starting with Sirius, it is easier to start by have your mappings to reflect the metamodel containment features. Later, you can have more complex references if you want.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Plug-in does not work after installing via update site
Next Topic:Edge creation maps multiple edges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:52:07 GMT 2024